well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The sad day has come.

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The sad day has come.
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
Thich Nhat Hanh.

He vitally enriched the world. I'm glad we were alive at the same time.

Not that he would want to be mourned, rather to have his insistence of eternal continuation celebrated.

Whenever Trump got me down too much I'd just remember Thay's existence and realize the light was brighter than the dark,

Modern Saint

Engaged Buddhism

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Oh my; how sad. A gentle spirit. I have several of his books and have turned to them in times of stress.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
He had the distinction of being banned by both North and South Vietnam.

A true warrior for peace.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Yes. Very sad.

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Hahn's death has been reported before, but reputable sources are reporting it this time. Enjoyed two of his books.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
I have most of his books. For someone who is unfamiliar with him, I would recommend this book...

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
My condolences.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
From the Dalai Lama:

https://www.dalailama.com/news...able-thich-nhat-hanh

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post