well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Men in Kilts

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Men in Kilts
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
New series in Starz. Features stars from Outlander. A story for guys but Sharon likes it.

Recommended!

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34789 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Will take a look.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25655 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I watched the first episode; I thought it was a bit too much on the surface. There’s so much more they could tell you about Scotland! But the guys are very funny. Also, it’s interesting to hear them talk in voices out of character from their Outlander voices, especially Graham McTavish. Not so growly/threatening.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9784 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Wait, Steve!

Do you mean there's a spin off series from "Outlander " or are you referring to the added episodes that just - finally -appeared on "Outlander"?

I've been waiting for the added material (even put it on my calendar!) and I'm really enjoying it. I admit though, it HAS been hard to get into the complex plot again, after such a long pause. Guess that's always the problem with series that are released discontinuously.

But again, it sounds like you're talking about something else. If so, what? Confused

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Pertaining to resumed series, I hope you other fans of "Last Tango in Halifax" are aware that their sequel episode also just became available.

Haven't tried to find it yet, but it's out there! (I'm sure I'll have the same problem remembering all the old material.)

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
Wait, Steve!

Do you mean there's a spin off series from "Outlander " or are you referring to the added episodes that just - finally -appeared on "Outlander"?

I've been waiting for the added material (even put it on my calendar!) and I'm really enjoying it. I admit though, it HAS been hard to get into the complex plot again, after such a long pause. Guess that's always the problem with series that are released discontinuously.

But again, it sounds like you're talking about something else. If so, what? Confused

It's a spinoff from Outlander where two Outlander stars (Graham McTavish and Sam Heughan) travel around Scotland and partake of various activites in the modern day.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34789 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wait, Steve!

Wait, what added material to Outlander?

Posts: 9784 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:

It's there all right. I'm watching it on Netflix, though I had to review a bit to remember where it stopped.

I'm in the middle of Series 4 and I see they've made 5 and 6 too, but It's going to be a while before we can see them. (Just read sixth season won't be available in the US "until late 2021. Frowner)

Here's the full rundown.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.c...ander-be-on-netflix/

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Before I tune in, did they keep their original pronouns?

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13507 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
Before I tune in, did they keep their original pronouns?

ROTFLMAO I know, things have become so confusing. Smiler

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25655 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:

It's there all right. I'm watching it on Netflix, though I had to review a bit to remember where it stopped.

I'm in the middle of Series 4 and I see they've made 5 and 6 too, but It's going to be a while before we can see them. (Just read sixth season won't be available in the US "until late 2021. Frowner)

Here's the full rundown.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.c...ander-be-on-netflix/

Oh, okay. I’ve watched all of it through Season 5 on Starz. Season 6 isn’t out yet.

If you have Netflix, you might like Virgin River. I just binged through that. It’s like Outlander in modern day northern California, and Jack is a king of men like Jamie. Also has scars. Soapy, yes, but good treadmill/knitting viewing (not all at the same time!).

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I liked the first season of Virgin River, but got irritated with the 2nd (and haven’t made it through that yet). I find myself wanting to smack the actress that plays the mayor. A lot. (She was the mom in a Superman series)

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20398 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post