well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Happy Halloween!

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Halloween!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
One of wtg's early trick or treat outings...check out the mid-century modern furniture...back then it wasn't collectible, it was just furniture...

Post your Halloween pics of you and/or your kids here....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post

[/url]

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I think we've had about 30 kids so far (it's almost 6 pm local time). We have our porch light on (it's supposed to signal that you're open for business) but kids who are across the street aren't coming over to our side.

The older kids may show up in the next hour before we close up shop. Otherwise, we'll be donating a bunch of candy to the local American Legion. They send care packages to people serving overseas...

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
We were supposed to get like 150 kids. One hour in and we’ve maybe had 10.

Thanks for the tip on the American Legion. I’ve already eaten a Snickers, a Kit Kat and two Almond Joy. Eeker

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We had one little guy, maybe two years old, in an Elvis Las Vegas era costume, complete with sequins and tinted glasses. He kept losing the belt.

Wish I'd gotten a photo.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Ways to get rid of unwanted Halloween candy. Some of these require you to mail it somewhere, others may allow for local dropoff. Looks like Ronald McDonald House locations are mentioned as one possibility.

https://www.cleveland19.com/st...andy-donate-charity/

edit: Another option...

https://soldiersangels.org/vol...s-dropoff-locations/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
One really little kid wasn’t all that interested in candy. He was interested in Sam and gave him a big hug. Smiler

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I got over 100 kids this year, and among the cutest and most imaginative costumes ever. Their parents really went all out. Scarcely any teenagers either.

Pent up demand, I guess, after one or two Covid cancellations (I forget exactly), they wanted to celebrate SOMETHING - also visit the neighbors. Close call with the candy, and I'd gotten more than ever.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post