well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Last Black Man in San Francisco

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last Black Man in San Francisco
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
Just saw it. And I’m still not sure what I saw.

Yeah. It was good.

Posts: 19758 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Read about it. Sounded good.

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13795 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I hadn't heard of this movie before now. Though that's not surprising, I never hear about any movies unless people talk about them on WTF :P

So, is it a sort of adapted true story?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18384 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Not really. It's like an allegory, sort of. And I'm not sure of that.

But it is beautifully filmed and acted, and I'm still thinking about it today. It was pretty powerful, but I think it also spoke to me as a former resident of SF and also a person of color.

Posts: 19758 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Thanks for those comments Cindy, I'll try to see it if I can. Do you see it in a theater?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18384 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Yes. From the front row. The theater was packed.

Definite Óscar contender.