well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Recent election results

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recent election results
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Recent election results seem encouraging.

Your thoughts?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34918 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I don't think we have a large enough sample size to draw conclusions. It's like real estate ... it's all local. And the Kentucky governor's race was an anomaly, with a disliked governor running against someone with family history in Kentucky.

I'm encouraged, but I wouldn't bet the ranch that this is a trend.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
We have the House, the Senate and the Governor's mansion in Virginia, which means we can fully undo the gerrymandering that remains once the census is in.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Certainly encouraging and seemingly an extension of a trend that started with the 2018 midterms.

Bloomberg might have helped in Virginia.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/0...ts-win-virginia.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
RNC Chair McDaniel: Republican election victories show enthusiasm for Trump and his polices is growing

https://www.foxnews.com/opinio...s-polices-is-growing

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12688 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
we can fully undo the gerrymandering that remains once the census is in.

Redrawing districts fairly was a game changer in CA, and we have the governator to thank for getting it done.

Never thought I’d see the day.

Posts: 34918 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
A friend is a journalist in Oregon.
She had to cover a rally for a shooting range. People were celebrating the
things they can do at the shooting range once the US government is brought down and we have a new government.
Wonder what they will call the new country, republic, or whatever.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the dreadful results in Mississippi.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The good people of Mississippi seem to like this sort of thing.

Who are we to judge?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
The good people of Mississippi seem to like this sort of thing.

Who are we to judge?

How can politics be any fun if we cannot be judgemental?

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wonder what they will call the new country, republic, or whatever.

Dictatorship, called Trumpland, of course.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21339 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Results in Washington are revolting.

We rejected a repeal of a ban on affirmative action.

We once again voted to unwind progressive taxation on vehicles and effectively ban reinstating local taxes included in vehicle registrations. This was once again put up by a short-sighted, selfish, greedy, lying, sniveling twit named Tim Eyman who has been pushing the idea that the primary source of funding for road repairs and improvements -- annual car registration fees -- should be eliminated in favor of a flat $30 fee regardless of whether you are registering a 1985 Yugo or a 2019 Mercedes SUV.

The state has already started a list of road projects that will be cancelled due to lack of funding. Eyman claims the state can just use the emergency rainy day fund to pay for the work. Ummm... that's nice until the next earthquake, volcano, tsunami, or what-have-you.

And the last time he duped the voters into this carp, the initiative was deemed unconstitutional. The legislature passed a parallel law anyway, but allowed counties and other local governments to pass their own taxes and fees, like for public transit, which they have been doing. This latest initiative repeals all of the local fees and taxes.

So, the poor, the handicapped, and the kids who rely on public transit can just walk.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post