well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Message for pique's eyes only
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Message for pique's eyes only
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted
During our rehearsal break this evening, I was chatting with my friend who plays viola. She's been shopping for a piano and is currently very interested in Bosendorfer. So we were chatting and it turns out she knows you! Her name is Lisa Rogak. Ring a bell? She said it's been a long while since she spoke with you.

--------------------------------
http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10573 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Oh for heaven's sake! Lisa is back in NH? I used to visit her in Lebanon when I lived in NYC, and she and I went on a reporters tour of Montana together back in 1988. Of course I remember her! Last time I saw her we had dinner in Charleston, SC, where she had moved. Must have been about ten years ago. Has she moved back to NH or is she just visiting?

How on earth did I come into the conversation?

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Wait.She plays viola? This I did not know. And she's already a friend of yours? Had I known she had returned to NH I would have introduced when you moved there. Small world!

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Please say hi from me!!

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
Oh for heaven's sake! Lisa is back in NH? I used to visit her in Lebanon when I lived in NYC, and she and I went on a reporters tour of Montana together back in 1988. Of course I remember her! Last time I saw her we had dinner in Charleston, SC, where she had moved. Must have been about ten years ago. Has she moved back to NH or is she just visiting?

How on earth did I come into the conversation?

Yes, she lives here now. She's on the board of directors at the music school. Just bought a new place on Spectacle Pond not too far from here, and has just purchased an old church that she plans to use as a performance space.

Well we were talking about pianos and she mentioned Piano World and I explained that I joined PW in 2001 and spent considerable time there early on. She then asked if I knew you! Small world.

Posts: 10573 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wait.She plays viola? This I did not know. And she's already a friend of yours? Had I known she had returned to NH I would have introduced when you moved there. Small world!

Yup, viola (and piano). She played a Chopin Nocturne at one of the salons I played at last year. This evening I gave her copies of a piano piece for 4 hands and glockenspiel that we might collaborate on for the salon in March. (It was written by my friend Eero in NY) Smiler

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please say hi from me!!

I will!

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I don't remember her being so involved in music. I knew she played piano, but never heard her play, and she didn't have a piano that I can recall at her home in Lebanon. Our connection was that we were both broke freelance writers. But Lisa was always very entrepreneurial, always full of bold ideas, and IIRR she had a publishing company for awhile. This is so cool. I hope she and I will get back in touch.

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
I first met Lisa at orchestra rehearsals. Then she played at the salon and we started chatting. We share the same birth date. Then she replaced someone on the board of the school. She rents a beautiful house on Mascoma Lake in the summer and had a sight reading party there last summer. She and I and another read some Haydn Trios.

Funny that you knew Lebanon. That's where my mother was born and raised. It's where the music school is now. It takes me about 50 minutes to get there. I was born and raised in the neighboring town of Enfield.

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post

If you follow the left edge of the conductor's platform, it points directly to Lisa with her viola! Smiler

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
She hasn't aged a day! Enfield rings a bell, too. I think she may have lived there also. She was living in Brooklyn when we met. We were picked up by the same limo to go to the airport to fly to Montana together as part of a writer's fam tour. I was writing for Skiing magazine in those days, and Lisa was a freelance travel writer. She moved to NH right after we returned from Montana, but we got on so well during that week that i visited her up there a few times, and we talked on the phone fairly often. She had the hugest cat i had ever seen in my life --her name was Squggy. Squggy lay on my chest the first night I spent at Lisa's and nearly crushed me to death. Big Grin Lisa is a huge cat person. She must have welcomed my Mastiff to her house though because I never went anywhere without him.

I'm glad you two connected!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Love these small world stories.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Love these small world stories.
What are you doing reading a thread that was specifically noted as for pique only?

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Neat!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
111 views. Means 220 spying eyes. So much for privacy around here!

Hey Bernard Lisa and I exchanged emails this morning. So you did a mitzvah. Smiler