well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Bike Accident
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bike Accident
 Login/Join

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted
In case you’ve been wondering where I’ve been, on Mar. 27 I was sideswiped by a car while out on my bike. Taken immediately to local hospital. Surgery for broken hip 3 days later.

Been at home for a week now; visiting nurse and physical therapist pay visits. Getting around on a walker, with pain meds. Thank goodness for dear Ms. Realplayer, who is caring for me in so many ways.

I am stiff and sore, but I think my therapist is good, and is pushing me in the right way.

I have loads of insurance paperwork to fill out...may need a lawyer’s advice on how to do it.

So I haven’t been on WTF much. Typing on the smartphone as I can’t climb the stairs to get to the main computer.

Have to see my surgeon in Manhattan Tuesday. Should be interesting logistics getting there. Car service probably.

Anyway I feel pretty good otherwise, even doing some minor cooking and practicing.

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Oh ... My. Really sorry to hear about this. This sounds like a very serious collision. My wife was hit a number of years ago and luckily avoided breaking anything. Just lots of abrasions, soreness, stiffness.

How are the hands?

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Oh, RP, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. I had been wondering where you'd gone to and hoped it wasn't coronavirus-related.

Glad to hear you seem to be recovering well. Welcome back!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37881 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Oh, my gosh. Joe, that's terrible! I'm so glad you're getting better, but what an awful experience!

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry to hear this!! But I’m glad it wasn’t any worse!!

Best wishes for a quick and complete recovery and do keep us posted when you’re able to!!

Comfort

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Well, at least this is considered a common and highly successful operation.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your accident, and glad you were able to get in and dealt with before all the hospitals became overrun.

Here's to a speedy and full recovery.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Omg, I am so sorry. What an awful thing to have happen!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20450 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Yikes! I'm glad it's not worse. Eeker

Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Joe, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. I'm glad you're getting the care you need. Please keep us updated.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Joe, I’m so sorry this happened! I hope your recovery is swift and complete. Glad to know you’re doing ok, and even playing the piano a little.

Keyboard Jam

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
That's terrible...so sorry you had to go through all that. Bad enough under normal circumstances, far more stressful now.

Hoping you heal well and get a REALLY FAT SETTLEMENT.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Wow...how horrid

Hope you feel better soon

And my best to you for the surgery

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
So very sorry, Joe! I worry so much about my biking sons (and friends), if possible especially now when I hear there are even more bikes out there.

And (of course) the culpable ones, the drivers who somehow don't SEE bikers, or if they do, realize they are also worthy vehicles to be atended to.

My sons have highly reflective vests (almost dazzling even to a degree, in daylight ) and many flashers and headlights. Yes, not a few gifts from me.

I don't know what it will take to shake motorists out of their torpor and get them to realize cyclists are also rightfully on the road - and helping the environment too.

Mend well, Joe! SO glad you have such excellent support - I wouldn't have been sure you'd be able to get home physical therapy and visiting nurse with all the restrictions. That's good news.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
I’m so sorry about your accident! I hope everything heals well and quickly!

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post