well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    How do you like this AirBnB??
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you like this AirBnB??
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The signature says “Healing Gods Tom Yazzi”. There are two similar works on EBay listed for some $30.

I confess I have only recently become aware of the Yazzi market, but from what little I know I’d say the bidding should start at $26.75 for your painting. I’ve seen pieces for less but this one is very nice and has provenance.

I’ll pay shipping, insured of course.

[edit]. Thomas Yazzie has an interview posted on youTube. It’s pretty tragic - he ended up getting drunk and shooting his wife. Yikes!

Gonna need heavy duty anchors to hang a work with that much baggage.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The family seems to have its fair share of black sheep. I just read about another Yazzie who embezzled a bunch of money from the Navajos.

Blink

Does the backstory on Tom make his art more or less valuable? Wink

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37880 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
More. This is quite a story. It’s an hour long. Says a lot about the family and the Navajo in general.

The testimony of Thomas Yazzi

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I finally found a property manager I like and the unit was listed on AirBnB on Friday. So far it's rented for 12 days this month. ThumbsUp

Cozy Mesa 2BR

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

The listing looks great!! ThumbsUp

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18438 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Looks fabulous. And from your reservation rate, sounds like everybody else thinks so, too!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37880 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Those photos are great, such a nice looking place!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20450 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
That looks great! I'd rent it. Also since there's a photo showing stairs, you might want to mention if it's single story, or wheelchair accessible (even if it's not ADA compliant). That can be a real draw for lots of people who don't want to navigate stairs.

Great location, easy freeway access to anywhere you might want to go.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Good catch on the stairway, Nina. I sent an email to the prop manager.

Thanks!

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Just catching up on this. Looks great, Steve. I'd be happy with it - as long as the beds are great.

A few minor suggestions from a VRBO/AirBnB user:

Older folks like a lot of pillows. Have extras. I personally sleep with five.

Have spare batteries for the remotes handy.

Decent quality wine glasses. If you can afford the Schott-Zweisel titanium crystal ones they are very light and extremely durable.

Good quality corkscrew - waiter style preferably.

Skip the nonstick cookwear. It will get torn up. Stainless is the way to go.

Curved shower rods are a big plus.

Good quality toilet paper.

I will try to think of some more as I go.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
A few minor suggestions from a VRBO/AirBnB user:

Older folks like a lot of pillows. Have extras.

No problem there! 6 pillows on each bed plus extras in the closets.

Have spare batteries for the remotes handy.

I've seen this complaint before. There's a big package in the laundry closet.

Decent quality wine glasses. If you can afford the Schott-Zweisel titanium crystal ones they are very light and extremely durable.

The wine glasses are Libby, I think. Two kinds - stem and tumbler. I like the idea of getting nicer ones and they are readily available in thrift stores if you only want a few. I do have a pair of double wall rocks glasses and 4 martini glasses in there. Maybe I'll get one of those things that makes round ice cubes - whisky tasting seems to be the rage these days.

I like the idea of including a couple of luxury items in what amounts a fairly plebian 800 SF apartment. With any luck folks won't steal stuff.

Good quality corkscrew - waiter style preferably.

Check!

Skip the nonstick cookware. It will get torn up. Stainless is the way to go.

Sharon likes non stick. If it gets torn up I suppose we will replace it. There's room for more pans so maybe I'll pick up a stainless skillet or two.

Curved shower rods are a big plus.

Check!

Good quality toilet paper.

Don't squeeze the Charmin! (I hate cheap TP)

I will try to think of some more as I go.

Keep 'em coming! ThumbsUp

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Those photos are great, such a nice looking place!

The property manager took them with his cell phone. His father (it's a family deal) is a professional photographer and is going over today to take better pictures.

Sharon is unhappy that the pictures show things like stuff on the dressers, open closet doors, and things out of place in the kitchen that don't work with her vision.

I hope she's not too disappointed when she sees what tenants do to it. Frowner