well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I'm at Nine. You?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm at Nine. You?
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
Since the pandemic started, I have gained nine pounds. Nine. Nine pounds.

I have recently shed two pounds, but seven pounds is a lot of weight to drop. I plan to do it slowly, like over a year. If it took a year to gain, it will take at least that long to lose.

My secret, so far anyway, is I buy bagged salads at Costco or the grocery store. Just a bunch of shredded lettuce, brussel sprounds, kale, and other lawn trimmings, with a pouch of dressing and some do-dads like sunflower seeds. I can prepare it for lunch in one minute and then get right back to work.

So. Am I the only one who gained weight in 2020?

Posts: 19761 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Lost 15. Need to get back to the gym.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Come on, man.

I'm wearing a jumper to my daughter's wedding in June.

That's a lot of pressure . . .

Posts: 19761 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I'm the heaviest I've ever been. It would be best to be about 30 lbs less, but I can probably only blame the last 10 on the pandemic...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7550 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I hit my heaviest ever in January; that was a gain of two or three pounds which I blame on my lack of activity due to the injured knee. Not Covid-related at all.

I'm back to my pre-injury weight.

Starting to chip away. If I can lose 7 I'll be happy; if I can lose 12 I'll be thrilled. But as Cindy says, it will be a slow process.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37857 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
About the same.

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I had gained at least ten. I've lost five over the past month or so, so I've got five more to go to my prepandemic weight, which was still way, way too much.

I've learned that all keto does for me is take off a few pounds of water weight quickly. This is very exciting until it stops happening. Then I just eat keto food, which makes me miserable, while maintaining a weight that makes me miserable. Not a good plan.

So the current regime is two or three small healthy meals a day, no snacks, and at least some exercise every day. We'll see if it keeps working.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15507 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Was stuck in Tucson last summer during the hottest summer ever for the city.
I was trapped inside and I ate.
There are some scales leaning against a wall. I am avoiding them like I avoid the local minister.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
I haven’t weighed myself in a while, but I can confidently say that I look as much like a Greek God as I ever did…

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Cindy, I’m the same, right about 9 lbs more than I weighed in Jan 2020. Frowner

I have been using the treadmill pretty consistently since we got it but now I need to work on the in-take part of the equation!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18396 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
I haven’t weighed myself in a while, but I can confidently say that I look as much like a Greek God as I ever did…

ROTFLMAO

Doug ... the imagination ranges widely!

Posts: 12526 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I'm at pretty much the same (under)weight. I have to try really hard to gain much. Sorry. Truth.

Posts: 12526 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Hit my heaviest in January. Have lost 7 pounds since feb 1st. Have a lot more to go.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20434 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I don't weigh myself. But if I hike, do pilates, and ride, my clothes continue to fit. Oh, and barn chores. And repeatedly walking into a room, forgetting what I went there for, leaving, then remembering, returning, forgetting... rinse, repeat. I can get in 10,000 steps that way.

I don't eat very much at all, and I'm rarely hungry. But that seems to not affect my weight at all. I think fasting and taking pre and probiotics seems to help the most with not having to keep buying a larger size. I was a size 6 for decades. Now closer to a 10. I don't think its because of the pandemic.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21320 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I’m in Cindy’s league. About 9. Mrs pj keeps joking that she’s put on her COVID 19.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30037 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post