well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    My antibody results

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My antibody results
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
Were positive. (Did a wellness check last week, and this was one of the tests)

1.3 IV (not sure what that unit is)

Negative is .7 and lower
Indeterminate is .8 to 1.0
Positive is 1.1 and over.

Steve is at 1.7

My vitamin D was just below normal. Steve is low.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
So when you had symptoms, you tested negative with a swab test. But you have serum antibodies, so it would seem you were exposed. Interesting.

Just curious...were you and/or Steve supplementing vitamin D before y'all had the blood work done last week?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:

1.3 IV (not sure what that unit is)

Negative is .7 and lower
Indeterminate is .8 to 1.0
Positive is 1.1 and over.

I thought they were measuring actual values of IgG and IgM, but from the FDA website I see....

quote:
A list of all tests authorized for emergency use under EUA is maintained on an FDA website. All currently authorized tests are qualitative (providing a result that is positive, negative, or indeterminate) rather than quantitative (providing a quantitative assessment of antibody levels).

https://www.cdc.gov/coronaviru...ests-guidelines.html

So I, too, wonder what the "IV" unit or descriptor means...

https://www.fda.gov/medical-de...il&utm_source=Eloqua

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I tested negative early in my symptoms - before I felt the sickest - so it’s possible the virus hadn’t replicated enough to be picked up by the test.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I started supplementing vitamin D a few weeks ago - but sometimes forget. Steve started not long before the blood test. I’m only taking 1000 IU in a gel capsule of D3. We can do this health screening every 6 months, so it will be interesting to see what happens to the levels.

Smiler Jodi

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Everyone in Montana is vit D deficient. My doc prescribed 5,000 I.U. 2x/day in winter. I take it once a day in summer.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Pardon my ignorance, but a positive antibody test means you have the COVID-19 antibodies? You should sell your plasma!

I've been taking calcium supplements with vitamin D for years. No D-deficiency for me. I'm surprised to find out that so many women aren't taking Ca supplements. I always heard that after a "certain age" it's just a good idea.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Steve donated his plasma - I don’t think they will take mine without an actual positive Covid19 test. (That was the rule here when Steve donated) but maybe they will change that at some point.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I think the thinking about calcium supplements has been evolving. Taking calcium can increase the risk of kidney stones and heart attacks.

https://www.health.harvard.edu...m-do-you-really-need

A long time ago, I tried at least half a dozen calcium supplements from various manufacturers and all of them gave me a grouchy stomach. My doctor told me it was fine to stop taking them, especially since I consume dairy products and other high calcium foods regularly.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Two SARS-CoV-2 antibody tests since August, courtesy of the Redcross, both negative. The Redcross started doing antibody tests for all blood donations since mid-June (IIRC). Smiler

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
No calcium or vitamin D supplements here.

I’m fine.

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post