well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    €1 cheap houses in Italy

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

€1 cheap houses in Italy
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
https://www.cnn.com/travel/art...ap-houses/index.html

€1 cheap houses and other cheap (~€10k) ready-to-occupy houses for sale in Puglia, Italy.

Can't they just take in more refugees?

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
My hairdresser and her hubby hail from Puglia; they still have a house there, not sure what town it's located in.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
More news on Italian towns giving away cheap houses and now free money to attract new residents to depopulated towns:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/art...y-to-move/index.html

I keep thinking, there are lots of refugees in the world, right? Why can Italy not simply take in more refugees and fill these depopulated towns up with refugees?

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
My hairdresser and her hubby hail from Puglia; they still have a house there, not sure what town it's located in.

I've read a lot about Bari and the mafia. I don't know if they are selling houses in that region but you couldn't pay me to live there.

Posts: 24653 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I was surrounded by mafiosi in the Chicago suburb where I grew up. Nice folks, great food!

When you're a kid, you're oblivious; I had no idea what their day jobs were.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post