well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Thanksgiving plans?

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/2423937797

23 November 2022, 07:41 PM
jodi
Thanksgiving plans?
We are in Spokane with my in-laws. Our son is flying in tonight.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

23 November 2022, 07:59 PM
Steve Miller
Traditional TG with the toddlers. Kim’s MIL is an excellent cook - in the midwest tradition - and is preparing a proper feast.

Feast this year will include deer chili. Several deer have been bagged this season and the chili is reputed to be excellent. Should be hearty - the recipe starts with 10# of ground deer meat!

I’ll bring my own hot sauce.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

24 November 2022, 09:52 AM
wtg
Well that's a traditional Thanksgiving dish I hadn't heard of before! But venison would be bountiful this time of year; the deer hunting season is at it's peak right now.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

24 November 2022, 10:52 AM
Mikhailoh
We are in Winston Salem for T Day with daughter at her apartment. Non traditional as she is making lasagna. We will stop Saturday in the Hocking Hills for a visit with friends.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

24 November 2022, 11:45 AM
Doug
Going solo again this year:

24 November 2022, 12:51 PM
piqué
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:

oh god i hope not. ROTFLMAO

fear is the thief of dreams

24 November 2022, 12:55 PM
Doug
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:

oh god i hope not. ROTFLMAO

Well, the going solo part is true. I could probably whip up something nicer than that to eat though…
24 November 2022, 12:55 PM
piqué
we are at home. it's a beautiful day. after a month of freezing and subzero and blizzards, it is sunny and in the 40s. we are going hiking to the top of a local mountain with the dogs. we also hope to split some firewood and finally get the outside of the windows washed.

then there are horse hooves to trim, stock tank to clean, and tack to clean. will also dig out the horse trailer so I can haul deva to a lesson tomorrow afternoon.

oh, right, the food:

we are doing rack of lamb with homemade pomegranate molasses, roasted root veggies from our garden (beets, yams, parsnips, and carrots), an elaborate salad with avocado, goat cheese, and arugula. with warm brownies, chocolate ice cream, warm berries, and whipped cream for dessert!

now, if we get so busy with chores and hiking that we are too tired to cook, we may just sit in front of the fire with macaroni and cheese dinners and make the feast this weekend instead.

no traditions in this house!

fear is the thief of dreams

24 November 2022, 02:23 PM
wtg
Wow, that sounds fabulous, especially the pomegranate molasses. I'm a big fan of lamb. And the roasted root veggies.

Yummy

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

24 November 2022, 03:29 PM
Steve Miller
That all sounds great! Yummy

Life is short. Play with your dog.

24 November 2022, 06:22 PM
Amanda
This is a Thanksgiving to live in memories - and fortunately, we've had so many beautiful ones.

Wishing you all a wonderful celebration! (Perri Wow! Sounds idyllic. Love that you serve vegetables you grew yourselves.)

Living it in imagination, I am thankful for you (and for me by extension) finishing all those seasonal chores on that beautiful end of season day, is a splendid way to celebrate all you
two have to be grateful for.

https://www.southernliving.com...aa725907f8a0575d.jpg

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

24 November 2022, 08:44 PM
RealPlayer
Son-in-law and the 2 grandkids came over. (My daughter is away.) But SIL turned out to have a stomach bug (he gets this a lot) and couldn’t eat, so he should have just stayed home, kids too.

Ham, cranberry sauce, a Sri Lankan potatoes-and-green beans dish that I made, SIL’s roasted red peppers. And great mousse cake from a good local place.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

24 November 2022, 10:58 PM
CHAS
I am in a sort of quarantine mode. No fever since
Sunday so I will be wearing a mask anytime I am out of my bedroom for five days.
Put a Marie Callendar turkey dinner in the oven. Back to my room until it was near done. that was done I put another in for Don. Set a timer with Alexa. Took mine to my room and enjoyed it. Don got his later.
So Don and I had Tday dinner together, sort of.
Oh, and we had cranberry sauce from a can.
Bob, in Tucson, had the fabulous carry out meal he arranged for weeks ago when I was expected to be there. He will have my half tomorrow. Smiler

Don had a procedure yesterday and will have another next week. They are trying to determine the source of his recurring infections.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

24 November 2022, 11:03 PM
Mary Anna
We spent the day with my son, his wife and kids, and one of Quirt's daughters. We had turkey, dressing, vegetable casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy, macaroni and cheese (with bacon for the meat eaters among us), pumpkin cream pie, and chocolate cream pie.

My daughter-in-law's brother was supposed to come, but he has covid. Frowner Her mother is out of town but will be with us tomorrow.

One of my best friends is down with covid now. It's bad out there, y'all.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

24 November 2022, 11:08 PM
Axtremus
Picture: https://www.coffee-room.com/tm...giving-2022-main.jpg

The above links to a photograph that depicts my 2022 Thanksgiving dinner spread. It’s linked rather than embedded because the picture is BIG. If you click and view it, you will notice that there is not a whole turkey in there, but there is indeed a turkey dish in there somewhere.

I will list all the dishes later, but for now let's play a game:

You are invited to guess which dish has turkey in it.

Because dish 5 is mostly covered by the pot cover, I will remove dish 5 from the game and disclose right now that it is a fish and scallop casserole.

If you see two dishes with the same number or letter, it means they are essentially the same dish, just plated separately.

Hope you have enjoyed your Thanksgiving dinner too! party

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album