well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Roy Blunt is wrong

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roy Blunt is wrong
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Sen. Blunt called Trump’s decisions and actions leading up to last Wednesday’s riot “clearly reckless.” But he says the U.S. should be “thinking more about the first day of the next presidency” of President-elect Joe Biden than on removing Trump from office.

Blunt says he doesn’t think Trump will act recklessly again. On a national news broadcast Sunday, he said: “My personal view is that the president touched the hot stove on Wednesday and is unlikely to touch it again.”

Clearly he's wrong.

quote:
President Trump on Monday privately — and falsely — blamed "Antifa people" for storming the Capitol, even though clear video and documentary evidence exists showing the rioters were overwhelmingly Trump supporters.

Why it matters: Despite facing an impeachment vote for an assault he helped incite, the outgoing president is still sticking with his tried-and-true playbook of deflecting and reaching for conspiracies.

Behind the scenes: In a tense, 30-minute-plus phone call this morning with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, Trump trotted out the Antifa line.

McCarthy would have none of it, telling the president: "It's not Antifa, it's MAGA. I know. I was there," according to a White House official and another source familiar with the call.

The White House official said the call was tense and aggressive at times, with Trump ranting about election fraud and an exasperated McCarthy cutting in to say, "Stop it. It's over. The election is over."

https://www.axios.com/trump-fa...36-1e8d1437f168.html

quote:
An unrepentant Donald Trump has denied inciting an insurrection at the US Capitol last week, claiming his speech before the violence was “totally appropriate”.

The president spoke to reporters for the first time since a pro-Trump mob rampaged through the Capitol last Wednesday, leaving five people dead. Democrats accuse him of stoking violence and could vote to impeach him on Wednesday.

“So if you read my speech, and many people have done it, and I’ve seen it both in the papers and in the media, on television, it’s been analysed, and people thought that what I said was totally appropriate,” Trump insisted at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland, ahead of a trip to Texas.

Shortly before noon last Wednesday, the president gave an incendiary speech to thousands of supporters, insisting his election defeat by Joe Biden could be overturned and urging them to march to the Capitol and “fight much harder” against “bad people”.

He said: “You’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us...s-impeachment-effort

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37652 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Trump has no bottom

"His final days in the White House have functioned as proof-positive of this fact. He is not remorseful. He is not sorry. He is not anything other than convinced he is right and everyone else in the world is wrong."

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25658 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post