well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    One year ago today

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One year ago today
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
One year ago today, a 35-year-old man presented to an urgent care clinic in Snohomish County, Washington, with a 4-day history of cough and subjective fever.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
400,000 deaths later ...

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Wow.

I really hope the Biden administration is able to make a positive impact, but they sure do have an uphill battle ahead.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
The bar for him has been set absurdly low. All he needs to do is implement a national vaccination system using easily available resources (existing clinics, stadiums, etc) and personnel so that vaccination rates equal new vaccination production rates. Accomplish that and anyone with a non-conspiracy-addled brain (that excludes a goodly slice of the GOP base, alas) will quickly notice.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
There is one thing I will never forgive Trump for, and that's his handling of the pandemic.

All he had to do was make it a point to wear a mask and to ask everyone else to do the same. A simple and basically free solution. But he couldn't muster the will to do it. Speaks volumes about him.
I wonder how many lives he would have saved.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
There is one thing I will never forgive Trump for, and that's his handling of the pandemic.

All he had to do was make it a point to wear a mask and to ask everyone else to do the same. A simple and basically free solution. But he couldn't muster the will to do it. Speaks volumes about him.
I wonder how many lives he would have saved.

+1

Well, except I have a whole long list of things I'll never forgive him for. But this is definitely at the top of the list!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Wow.

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post