well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    So is this what it's like?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So is this what it's like?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
Now that I have my first (and second) vaccination appointments made, I. can't. wait!

Did anyone else feel like this?

I know a few people with COVID-19. I know a few more who think COVID-19 is a hoax. They won't be tested. They won't get vaccinated. They won't let their kids get tested.

But I digress.

I'm excited! Smiler

BTW, if anyone had side effects to any of the vaccines, I'd like to hear about it.

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
We were excited but frustrated too, because it was mid-January and appointments, and vaccines, were scarce. We lucked out though.

It’s more relief than excitement, once you finally get the shots.

We had Moderna. I had a 101 fever the day after the second shot, but it went away. And a sore arm.

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13779 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I felt an overwhelming sense of relief after my first shot. I don't have to worry any more.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I was so excited, but didn’t want to post before getting it because I was afraid something would go wrong. I’d get there, and they’d say, “No, not for you!” But it was so smooth, and I’m so relieved. Second shot on April 20...

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
We were excited but frustrated too, because it was mid-January and appointments, and vaccines, were scarce. We lucked out though.

It’s more relief than excitement, once you finally get the shots.

We had Moderna. I had a 101 fever the day after the second shot, but it went away. And a sore arm.

Not bad.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I felt an overwhelming sense of relief after my first shot. I don't have to worry any more.

I knew I was for vaccination but didn't know how much until now.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
I was so excited, but didn’t want to post before getting it because I was afraid something would go wrong. I’d get there, and they’d say, “No, not for you!” But it was so smooth, and I’m so relieved. Second shot on April 20...

Lol!

I don't want to jinx myself.

Fingers crossed.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I shared the worry that something would stop me from getting it at the last moment... I drove 2 1/2 hours through a rainstorm and really hoped it would work.

1 shot down - Pfizer. No problems at all after the first. Maybe a little sore in the arm, but less than my shingles vaccine.

I'm not at all feeling 'home free'. I recall the feeling of typing without backspace or correction tape and having to hand in papers without any mistakes. I'm feeling similar to that last paragraph on each page, being extra careful not to mess up having come so far...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Since everybody's describing their vaccine experiences, I might as well report mine.

The first one was a breeze - getting scheduled and the shot. Just by luck I read a state-wide medical corporation (Geisinger) was scheduling shots about 1/2 hour from me and I was able to get a convenient appointment immediately. I was a bit nervous about choosing days as we were then going through an unpredictable end of season spate of occasionally very bad weather (heavy snow and/or sleet).

Luckily, my day was sunny and the roads were ice-free.
The only adventure to do with that was developing the so-called "Eighth Day Moderna Reaction" no one had known about (at least, it hadn't been publicized before then.) That meant days of swelling and extreme itchiness.

After that shot, I had the adventure of developing Clostridium Difficile (C Diff) which I'd never even known about before. For anyone who doesn't yet know, it's a very contagious, intestinal infection which is sometimes extremely dangerous. (You can even reinfect yourself!) I was afraid I'd still be contagious when my 2nd appointment came up, but I just squeaked by.

I'd been expecting a bad reaction to that shot, as that seems par for the course. In fact, though, I had not even the slightest discomfort. (Brag - I also had no reaction to the Shingles vaccines.).

Now I'm feeling relieved, of course, and considerably less nervous about working out at Planet Fitness even though I had decided rationally that there had never been much, if any, risk. That assessment was based on the size of the facility and lack of attendance (it's as big as an immense auditorium in all dimensions. Also, counting other exercisers every time I arrived, there were never more than ten and they were very spread out - sometimes only one or two . )

Helped that I went quite late once they resumed their 24 hours weekday schedule. (It was also great because I was able to spray down all the weight machines at one go, as well as setting all the weights and seat heights, etc., to my specs. This saved loads of time . I was able to flit from one machine to the other before cleaning them all again at the end! . Nobody else was using them! I always wore disposable gloves too.)

Now I 'm having trouble making myself resume my workouts, even though it's that much safer. Seems to be some kind of inner contrariness, that began with the C Diff but is now just inertia. Oh, well!

(Note, I didn't mention the gym workouts before ( I never stopped except during the governor's mandated gym closures. I figured everyone would say I was nuts. Nuts)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
I shared the worry that something would stop me from getting it at the last moment... I drove 2 1/2 hours through a rainstorm and really hoped it would work.

1 shot down - Pfizer. No problems at all after the first. Maybe a little sore in the arm, but less than my shingles vaccine.

I'm not at all feeling 'home free'. I recall the feeling of typing without backspace or correction tape and having to hand in papers without any mistakes. I'm feeling similar to that last paragraph on each page, being extra careful not to mess up having come so far...

2 1/2 hours through a rainstorm? Man, that's dedication!

I hope you'll feel better about all of this after you get your second shot if not sooner.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
Since everybody's describing their vaccine experiences, I might as well report mine.

The first one was a breeze - getting scheduled and the shot. Just by luck I read a state-wide medical corporation (Geisinger) was scheduling shots about 1/2 hour from me and I was able to get a convenient appointment immediately. I was a bit nervous about choosing days as we were then going through an unpredictable end of season spate of occasionally very bad weather (heavy snow and/or sleet).

Luckily, my day was sunny and the roads were ice-free.
The only adventure to do with that was developing the so-called "Eighth Day Moderna Reaction" no one had known about (at least, it hadn't been publicized before then.) That meant days of swelling and extreme itchiness.

After that shot, I had the adventure of developing Clostridium Difficile (C Diff) which I'd never even known about before. For anyone who doesn't yet know of it, it's a very contagious, intestinal infection which is sometimes extremely dangerous. I was afraid I'd still be contagious when my appointment came up, but I just squeaked by.

I'd been expecting a bad reaction to the 2nd shot, as that seems to be par for the course. In fact, though, I had not even the slightest reaction after this one.

Now I'm feeling relieved, of course, and considerably less nervous about working out at Planet Fitness even though I had decided rationally that there had never been much, if any, risk. That assessment was based on the size of the facility and lack of attendance (it's as big as an immense auditorium in all dimensions. Also, counting other exercisers every time I arrived, there were never more than ten others very spread out - sometimes only one or two . )

Helped that I went quite late once they resumed their 24 hours weekday schedule. (It was also great because I was able to spray down all the weight machines at one go, as well as setting all the weights and seat heights, etc., to my specs. This saved loads of time . I was able to flit from one machine to the other before cleaning them all again at the end! . Nobody else was using them! I always wore disposable gloves too.)

Now I 'm having trouble making myself resume my workouts, even though it's that much safer. Seems to be some kind of inner contrariness, that began with the C Diff but is now just inertia. Oh, well!

(Note, I didn't mention the gym workouts which I never stopped except while the governor mandated gyms' obligatory closing. I figured everyone would say I was nuts. Nuts)

Thanks, Amanda!

Note to self: research Clostridium Difficile (C Diff)

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Yesterday was two weeks since my second Pfizer and today we got up at 3 am, drove north to watch the snow geese and trumpeter swan migration at its peak at freezout lake,then went to a RESTAURANT in Great falls for breakfast, then went to a MUSEUM, then took the pooch to a wonderful dog park along the Missouri River, then went to a massive farm and ranch warehouse and got mr pique a headstall for his new horse and a new muck cart, then home and fixed busted electric fence.

We are whipped but jubilant about our first normal day in over a year.

And we wore masks and used hand sanitizer.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Tuesday will be two weeks since my second Phizer shot. I'm going to call for an appointment to get a haircut tomorrow. I have had my hair cut since the pandemic began, but I began to feel recently that I didn't want to be the last man dying in this war so I've postponed another haircut.

With my wife also fully vaccinated, we're making plans to see my son, his wife, and our granddaughter next month. We last saw them in June of last year when there were worries, but not obvious immediate danger, in visiting them. It's been a long wait to see the granddaughter by something other than FaceTime.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7381 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I got my shot today. I feel relieved. Of course, I go in three weeks to get my second one.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
And we wore masks and used hand sanitizer.

I will continue to do both. I bought a box of KN95 masks and don't leave home without one.