well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    So is this what it's like?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So is this what it's like?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I was encouraged to see the 80% efficacy confirmed in the news for people a couple of weeks after the first shot.

Call me cautiously optimistic! Even though numbers are rising again - 40% jump in infections in Chicago over the last couple of weeks.

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7540 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big al:
Tuesday will be two weeks since my second Phizer shot. I'm going to call for an appointment to get a haircut tomorrow. I have had my hair cut since the pandemic began, but I began to feel recently that I didn't want to be the last man dying in this war so I've postponed another haircut.

With my wife also fully vaccinated, we're making plans to see my son, his wife, and our granddaughter next month. We last saw them in June of last year when there were worries, but not obvious immediate danger, in visiting them. It's been a long wait to see the granddaughter by something other than FaceTime.

Big Al

I would be two weeks after my second shot if I had a time machine. Lol. Thanks for your post.

Posts: 24602 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
I was encouraged to see the 80% efficacy confirmed in the news for people a couple of weeks after the first shot.

Call me cautiously optimistic! Even though numbers are rising again - 40% jump in infections in Chicago over the last couple of weeks.

I didn't see this on the news but your first paragraph is encouraging!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Two full days have past. I got the common side effect of severe pain in the muscle tissue at the injection site and moving up to my shoulder. I expect this pain will go away in another day or two.