well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Heather Cox Richardson

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heather Cox Richardson
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted
Does anyone else follow her on FB? My daughter suggested I do, and I spent about 45 minutes this morning reading her posts. From what I can gather, she does a daily videocast, as well as a daily roundup of current events. it does have a progressive slant. I found it to be a really good read.

I've yet to see a videocast from her. I think they are live only.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Does anyone else follow her on FB? My daughter suggested I do, and I spent about 45 minutes this morning reading her posts. From what I can gather, she does a daily videocast, as well as a daily roundup of current events. it does have a progressive slant. I found it to be a really good read.

A law school classmate suggested her posts to me a few days ago. Then, this morning, I found this:

https://billmoyers.com/story/b...XyPFjvNMVtw.facebook

Posts: 45737 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I’ve never heard of her but I think it’s kind of funny that she’s named after the Saturday Night Massacre.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I'll follow her for a while and check her out.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Started reading her Facebook page.
Appears to be very good.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
So I brought this back up because I started following her on Facebook, and couldn’t remember if she’d ever been mentioned here. I don’t think I saw Nina’s original post back in July, but I came The daily “letters from an American” online during the election mess. She “chronicles current events in the larger context of American history.” (From wiki), also:

“Heather Cox Richardson is an American historian and professor of history at Boston College, where she teaches courses on the American Civil War, the Reconstruction Era, the American West, and the Plains Indians.[1] She previously taught history at MIT and the University of Massachusetts Amherst.[2]“

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/1...-boston-college.html

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20446 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I don't follow her regularly, but someone is always posting her daily entries on Facebook, so I occasionally read them there. I like her.

I am trying to limit my time on FB, so I'm tending to pass on the long reads.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13810 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:

i'm a paid subscriber. she's brilliant. i've never heard of any videos.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21337 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
that prairie style house wtg posted would be $1M in missoula. maybe more. you almost never find a house of that quality here.

oops! wrong thread! Leaving

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21337 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post