well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    My Hilarious First Time Home Owner Neighbors..

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Hilarious First Time Home Owner Neighbors..
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
They have been here just about a year..they live a a bit higher to me so sounds carry...Yesterday I heard the entire smoothie drama from their kitchen with their small boys (who later related the entire story to me from their bedroom window!)

A week or so ago..I heard hand sander for 6 hours a day, 4 days at least...He was sanding the back steps (my own son helped to install them 3 years ago)...WEEEEEEE for days on end..either the steps were baby bottom smooth or they had no sand paper attached... Blink

I have a gate to their yard and had to approach them..I had pointed out a point on our property and asked that they not block it for water flow so that my garage didn't flood...weeeelll...They didn't comply..We had a down pour this week...I had to spend my day off from work cleaning up..I left the 'dam' created to illustrate what I had asked...

Today I walked around the block..they had 13 holly bushes to plant for a new hedge...Did I mention it is 90 degrees this week? They stopped to asked my planting advice ROTFLMAO ...sigh...I love that they try but they can be so much a victim...We do have the internet to do some research, no?

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I have neighbors like that. They were apartment-dwellers that came from Hong Kong and are continually "improving" their house like caulking along flashing over the doors and windows. Also a couple weeks ago, he spent all weekend pressure-washing the dirt, moss, and FINISH off his deck.

He is completely oblivious to the scruffy, slightly sagging roof.

The house is like five years old. At the rate they're going, it may not last another five.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Today's walk around the block..I find them out having spray painted circles on the grass where the shrubs are to go. I loaned them my edger so they can remove the turf more easily.

They are breathless with excitement..probably because her Dad, who is in his 70's at least, is doing all the digging! ROTFLMAO

Did I mention they painted (not stained) the back steps bright orange? Big Grin

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post