well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    This Is My Nightmare

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Is My Nightmare
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's distressing to be confronted F2F with the ugly facts of the extreme distortions of the "Other Side".

I've been forcing myself to expose myself to it, on talk radio, Fox News, and articles like this one. Don't want to be sucked deep into an Echo Chamber as profound as I believe they have been.

OTOH it scarcely seems believable that reasonable, presumably sane people can have been taken in so badly by the extreme pictures painted by the Trump propagandists. It seems easier to believe that a major percent of his supporters are ardent pro-lifers and accordingly, single issue voters. Likewise (though presumably a much smaller percent), the fat-cats who are unabashedly voting their wallets with little pretense of care for the many disadvantaged - now and to be, according to his announced program.

Those voicing the extreme warnings and fantastical tales the Trump campaign is spreading on the airways (much apparently through the increasingly powerful RW radios) are the scariest to me. And not only do they believe them, they spread these myths to their friends. Thus what I must believe must have initially been a massive implausibility factor, is gradually overcome. (Any different from the 2016 myths about Obama and Hillary's reeking of sulphur from their Overlord?)

Nothing on the Left seems to remotely compare with such nutty Manichaeism, least of all when fleshed out with such mythologies. (And sure enough, I hear/read over and over that the Left is "mentally ill". Likewise, that Democrats are plain evil, deliberately want to destroy our country, "Hate" America. What is our motive supposed to be??)

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I’m not convinced that these Cletus safaris ever yield anything useful.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34968 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post