well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Super Wolf Blood Moon Total Eclipse tonight
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Super Wolf Blood Moon Total Eclipse tonight
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
The complete guide:

https://www.space.com/42830-su...ar-eclipse-2019.html

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Probably too cloudy here to see anything. I’ll be totally jealous of those of you who get a view!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Good news: The skies have cleared and I think we'll get a great view.

Bad news: The lack of cloud cover means it's frickin' cold outside.

Great schedule and description of various eclipse stages:

https://www.space.com/43030-bl...tages-explained.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
"Due to the partial government shutdown, the moon will be temporarily cancelled this evening."

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
The skies have cleared here and the view of the moon is full on. It's -9 and winds up to 30 mph, but I've been going out to catch glimpses of it. Going out in my bathrobe (with a coat of course) it's a bit drafty!! But worth it.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10571 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Hello, totality!

Bernard, too funny. Dressed the same as you, just came in because my legs got cold.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Overcast here. All I can see is that the clouds have a red tinge to them. Frowner

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
You can watch online here.

https://www.space.com/42830-su...ar-eclipse-2019.html

Not quite as good as as the real thing, but still not bad. They seem to be showing how it looks from various cities, some with better views than others.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Just went out for another look-see. It's very red/orange now. Very cool.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10571 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Clouds
Had no bologna on hand.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I think it was up there. Really couldn't make it out with those eclipse glasses on.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Lots of good pictures on the net but this one stands out:

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Wow! That's a cool photo, even if it's possibly retouched.

I missed the beginning of the eclipse (too cloudy) but caught a glimpse of the ending here. Nothing nearly as spectacular, at least from my vantage point. Still, it was nice to see it.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
I think it was up there. Really couldn't make it out with those eclipse glasses on.

ROTFLMAO

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post