well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A must see classic movie

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A must see classic movie
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Topkapi, now available on Amazon Prime. Maximilian Schell, Melina Mercouri, and Peter Ustinov (he won an Oscar for his performance).

Great music to boot.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37871 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Topkapi, now available on Amazon Prime. Maximilian Schell, Melina Mercouri, and Peter Ustinov (he won an Oscar for his performance).

Great music to boot.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Posts: 45737 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Interested

Don't read the Wikipedia page on the movie. It is a spoiler.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Still worth watching, Chas. I've seen it more than once and I enjoy it every time.

Another one in the same genre is Hopscotch, with Walter Matthau, Glenda Jackson, and Herbert Lom (playing a Soviet spy). Also a very young Sam Waterston and Ned Beatty.

Unfortunately it's not on Prime right now. Don't know if it's available on Netflix (I don't subscribe).

edit: Hopscotch is available on Shout Factory TV. You can do a 7 day free trial and watch it there!

https://www.amazon.com/Hopscot...atthau/dp/B00219ITFG

jon would hate Hopscotch though. Part of it takes place in Salzburg. Lots of Mozart.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37871 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
So many films, so little time. Frowner

Thanks for the recommendation.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post