well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Florence Foster Jenkins

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/2331049266

06 January 2019, 01:31 AM
Steve Miller
Florence Foster Jenkins
I just watched the movie and then read the Wiki. What an interesting woman. Hers is quite a story.

That story, and the movie, speak to the nature of music as entertainment. Very cool.

Have you seen it?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

06 January 2019, 11:42 AM
Daniel
Nope, but it sounds interesting. ThumbsUp
06 January 2019, 11:54 AM
Daniel
I should add I got rid of my television seven years ago.

I haven't looked back on the decision.

We watch movies on the laptop.

We have Netflix and Amazon Prime.

So, I'll look for this. Smiler
06 January 2019, 01:59 PM
wtg
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I just watched the movie and then read the Wiki. What an interesting woman. Hers is quite a story.

That story, and the movie, speak to the nature of music as entertainment. Very cool.

Have you seen it?

I have; it popped up on Prime a while back and I caught it then. I wondered how much the syphilis and the associated treatments affected her cognitively, and if that was a contributor to what happened.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to loveā€¦ and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

06 January 2019, 11:30 PM
Steve Miller
I was most interested in the number of devoted fans she had, some of them the biggest names in music.

Entertainment takes many forms.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

07 January 2019, 12:51 PM
Nina
I watched it and enjoyed it, but my most significant recollections are pretty trivial, to wit: Hugh Grant was poorly cast; that Meryl Streep can really act.
08 January 2019, 03:58 PM
Dan
The movie was good. And if I recall correctly, the recording of her performance at Carnegie Hall in 1944 remains to this day the best selling recording of any performance there.