well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Bad news in Kentucky

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bad news in Kentucky
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
45,000 barrels at risk... HairRaising

quote:
Multiple crews are on the scene of a major fire at a bourbon warehouse facility.

Woodford County Emergency Management Director Drew Chandler tells WKYT two barrel warehouses at a Jim Beam aging facility caught fire around 11:30 p.m. Tuesday.

The facility is on McCracken Pike, near the Franklin County line.

Chandler says one warehouse initially caught fire with flames spreading to the second structure.

Crews were able to put out the flames in the second warehouse. Flames were still visible in the first warehouse five hours after the fire started.

Chandler says approximately 45,000 barrels of bourbon were in the warehouse that was still burning. He speculated crews could be on scene until late Wednesday night.

https://www.wkyt.com/content/n...-fire-512156632.html

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37930 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
While I appreciate a good bourbon on occasion, Jim Beam is not the brand that springs to mind when I select one.

The insurance company is probably cringing right now.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I think they also produce Knob Creek, which is not bad; I use it in mint juleps.

My go-to is one that Mik recommended, which is Evan Williams' Single Barrel. Not outrageously expensive.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37930 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
In my wasted youth, I could tell a Tennessee from a Kentucky from across the room, blindfolded.

The last couple of bottles of bourbon I've bought were Gentleman Jack.

But Jim Beam? Meh.

Now, if we were talking about Scotch, I'd be headed over to help man the hoses.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post