well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Beefsteak tomatoes

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beefsteak tomatoes
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted
Got some today. Tomato sandwich on sourdough. A taste of summer. Not quite as good as local summer tomatoes, but the best I have seen in winter ever.

Thanks, Steve!

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13555 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Oh, and California navel oranges are in. Just got 8 lbs on a BOGO and they are spectacular.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Meijer?

(I just looked up the oranges and saw BOGO. There was a dropdown for Product Features. I clicked.

"Peel and serve" - Big Grin)

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Yep. Meijer has upped their game on online shopping. Now I mix between Kroger and Meijer for everyday stuff, then Whole Foods for bread (their sourdough is fantastic), Fresh market for some meats and seafood, Market Wagon for online local foods.

Just got an order delivered from D'Artagnan - lamb tenderloins, some half pound quails (never saw that before) and veal demiglace. Have never ordered from them before but everything looks great.

The oranges are so delicious I had two.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We got a bunch of D'Artagnan stuff a few years ago through Costco. Duck breast and I don't remember what else. It was all good.

Are you still ordering from Wild Fork Foods? Just before Christmas they opened a store five minutes away from me but I haven't stopped in there to look around yet. Still plowing through backlog in the freezer...

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Yeah, sometimes. They have some stuff I really like and their steaks are good.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Every morning I lay in bed and decide how I’m going to eat my big tomato slice that morning.

Sourdough rye with Mayo, Swiss and tomato slice. Buttered Seven Grain with tomato slice on a bed of cottage cheese. Fried egg with sliced tomato and sour cream. Giant tomato slice on sourdough with braunschweiger and whole grain mustard. The possibilities are endless!

(Sharon hates tomatoes and thinks I’ve lost my mind.)

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
My Favorite Redhead thinks similarly. She likes tomato sauce, but not tomatoes. I could eat them three meals a day.