well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    We need to talk about ventilation

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We need to talk about ventilation
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
How is it that six months into a respiratory pandemic, we are still doing so little to mitigate airborne transmission?

https://www.theatlantic.com/he...transmission/614737/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Ok, I didn't read the article yet, but I have been trying to read as much as I can about airborne transmission and the use of ventilation for prevention.

I finally had the piano tuner here (yay!) and he was in my piano room for a little over an hour. He wore a mask and we also wore masks the whole time he was here, even though we weren't in the piano room. After he left, I opened two cross windows and put fans up to pull air in one window and push it out the other. We kept our masks on during that and for about an hour afterwards. Check back in two weeks... :P

Separate from that, I note that my office window (on campus) doesn't open, and I not to spend much time there even when we are back to teaching on campus (if we ever actually get to that point...)

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I know the idea of adding HEPA air filter machines to classrooms is being tossed around.

Also, it seems that it is easy to pull older information off the web and run with that. In this quickly evolving pandemic, that can be a dangerous choice for policy-makers...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post