well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    34% Job Approval

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

34% Job Approval
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Hi, Quirt.

I do want to know your opinion about this.

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
My opinion, sadly, is that it'll bounce back. The American public does not have a long attention span.

The lower it goes the better, though. It means that some people are not reflexively wedded to him. I prefer that base of support to shrink.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I've felt like that 34%-ish figure is as low as he will go. That's his base. I think this shutdown has cost him a lot, but I'm not sure the approval rate can go lower.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
The 34% is the people who would vote for W Bush again. They would probably vote for Stalin.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
I've felt like that 34%-ish figure is as low as he will go. That's his base. I think this shutdown has cost him a lot, but I'm not sure the approval rate can go lower.

Don't crush my dreams. I prefer to live in the fantasy that at least three quarters of the American public will awaken from their slumber and recoil in horror at what we've done.

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
It's all about the independents. And 70% of them disapprove of the shutdown.

Most boxing matches are not won in a knock-out. The dems can win just by landing a lot of punches.

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post