well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    June will be interesting
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

June will be interesting
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Illinois is still mostly shut down. Wisconsin and Indiana are open. I suspect lots of folks will be traveling to adjacent states over the holiday weekend. Guess we'll see what they bring home from their travels....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
It's already falling apart. We have a a food truck arranged to come to a neighborhood in our HOA every Wednesday. There was a Chicago grub truck and I was craving an Italian beef, so I ordered. When I went I was the only person wearing a mask. Including the food truck workers which is a violation here. Last time I order from them.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
"interesting" is a good choice of words.
Hope the next weeks are not as bad as some have predicted.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Yes, I'm noticing a real split in how people are behaving. I really think we will see waves of infection from different areas.

I've felt some 'pandemic fatigue'... I have to remind myself every morning to move with care - especially because I don't want to be a vector for transmission should it hit me.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
I was born for a pandemic.

I'm down like at least 13 lbs. Staying active. My house is so clean. cars are spotless.

Indiana isn't wide open. People are staying in.

Got a haircut appointment for tuesday evening.

Although it's opening incrementally I personally think the wildcard is drinkers.

Bars and alcohol and that whole macho mentality. Like that wisconsin bar that opened and the TV footage I was like "all yall need to go get your blood pressure checked" with all that pink skin.

We'll see I guess.

A bad respiratory virus swept through here from December to early Feb right before Corona, so bad by 2/1 that they closed all schools for a week.

It was BAD and everyone had it. I still get bouts of shortness of breath now and then. But each time they come they are of shorter duration. No wheezing or anything. just can't catch my breath it's the wierdest thing.

I have to vacuum more often too. But as I said my house has never been so clean!!!

Another day in Paradise.

Posts: 3902 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
Yes, I'm noticing a real split in how people are behaving. I really think we will see waves of infection from different areas.

I've felt some 'pandemic fatigue'... I have to remind myself every morning to move with care - especially because I don't want to be a vector for transmission should it hit me.

The belligerently unmasked people. the ones who stare at everyone in masks.

I'm like "you've never been in a neonatal care atmosphere have you?"

Another day in Paradise.

Posts: 3902 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
We had a water leak in the wall, and had to have a plumber out today.

We asked him to wear a mask. He did so, without complaint.

I asked him while we were walking around at one point how the virus is affecting him, and he said it was the first time today he'd put on a mask.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
That's his problem, not yours... unless he's a silent carrier.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
quote:
June will be interesting

Hence the old curse, "May you live in interesting times."

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7411 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
We had to have a plumber in because of a stopped-up drain. It was just after the start of the shutdown. But no ill effects. Would have worsened terribly if problem hadn't been addressed.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Bob's Parkinson's Disease has made it very difficult for him to have a BM. It is so bad, despite his special diet and meds, it has caused an inguinal hernia which requires surgery.
The surgeon uses a hospital that treats Covid patients.
He says the PD has also slowed his brain functions, but that is no very evident. His depression may be causing some of that.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
A good article on what is known NOW about managing virus risk:

"A simple suggestion: Imagine people are smoking, or farting really bad, and try to avoid breathing it in"

https://www.vox.com/2020/5/22/...ial-distancing-chart

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:

"A simple suggestion: Imagine people are smoking, or farting really bad, and try to avoid breathing it in"

ROTFLMAO

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:

Crappy example.

Leaving

Seriously, though, smoke rises, droplets fall. And anyone who farts is 99.9% likely to be wearing a fart mask.

Posts: 45742 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
My Mom has sold her house so June will be interesting..I will have to rent a van to drive down to do clean out and drive back (about a 800 mile round trip). Masks fine, but I may have to research rest stops and gas stations for the trip...

I will stay at the house that has not been lived in since February but I have asked a friend to come by and help me move furniture. Shrug

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post