well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Juno's Flyover of Jupiter

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Juno's Flyover of Jupiter
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
This is Awesome!

Music by Vangelis too. Big Grin

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Cool

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
It must have been a guy named Hal who as a practical joke installed this monolith in the Utah desert.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/m...ah-red-rock-country/

Most of us have seen the sci-fi movie “2001: A Space Odyessy”. A mysterious monolith appeared four times during the movie to represent a major step in the evolution of mankind. The second monolith appeared at the end of the second sequence in which a lunar archeology site was being uncovered. An antennae then suddenly began broadcasting a radio signal towards Jupiter. The next sequence was about a space ship headed towards Jupiter to investigate why. Hal was the name of the ship’s computer.

What a coincidence that as Juno approaches Jupiter, a monolith was just found by park rangers in the Utah desert.

Posts: 1410 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post