well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Rumor Hazzit

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rumor Hazzit
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Had a discussion with my Trumper neighbor today. He’s absolutely convinced that a hospital gets an extra $1500 if they charge off a death to Covid rather than if they call it pneumonia, etc. No idea where this payment comes from.

Asked who pays for this, he had nothing.

Has anyone sorted this?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
I think there was extra money from the CARES act to reimburse covid medical expenses but it's not a straight up payment.

See here:

https://www.factcheck.org/2020...ovid-19-death-count/

I'm sure in the fox news soundbite world, this became "an extra $1500 for calling something covid" but it is more nuanced than that.

Posts: 4402 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I thought the gummint was telling hospitals NOT to report deaths as covid if there was any comorbidity that they could pin it on. Gotta keep those numbers under control!

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post