well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Tillerson reflects

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tillerson reflects
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
‘We’re in a Worse Place Today Than We Were Before He Came In’

Former U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on the mess Donald Trump is leaving behind.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021...son-interview-trump/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
The one where Tillerson states the obvious.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think the other challenge that I came to realize early on is there were so many people who had access to his ear who were telling him things, most of which were untrue, and then he began to listen to those voices and form a view that had no basis in fact.

No kidding.

The My Pillow guy stops by to lend his expertise

He didn't get much time but ya gotta wonder why they let him in the door at all....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I said over four years ago: I-1 is not a politician in the sense that he has political positions and an agenda. He has no policy or goals other than seeking adulation and riches for himself and helping some of his rich friends get richer.

He has no policy positions: his position is whatever the last person said to him. So, his positions depend on whether it was Bannon, Kushner, Miller, Ivanka, Stone, Pruitt, Mnuchin, De Vos, or the mister pillow guy who was the last to talk to him.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
The one where Tillerson states the obvious.

Yeah, he is one of those people whose character will always bear the Trump asterisk. He'll spend the rest of his life futilely trying to explain why he agreed to serve in that administration and how he really was a good guy.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Tellerson himself was a horrible Secretary of State.

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post