well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Impeach?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Impeach?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted
What if the House votes to Impeach, but the Senate does not have time for a vote before January 20. Can the new Senate, with D majority, then vote to remove trump, thereby taking away his pension, travel and office budget, and ensuring he can’t run in 2024?

There is no literal guidance in the Constitution, but there is some logic to support it.

Jf

--------------------------------
Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17671 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
I forgot the Senate vote has to be 2/3.

Ain’t gonna happen.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17671 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Unless enough Republicans want to free themselves from the specter of "return of tRump"!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I cannot ******* believe ...

quote:
I can not ******* believe we're debating whether to impeach a potus who, for his own ends, spearheaded a mob attack on Congress that shut it down, terrorized 2000 people, injured 100's and led to 5 deaths, including that of an officer beaten to death with a fire extinguisher.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
House Majority Whip James Clyburn on Sunday said House Democrats might wait until after President-elect Joe Biden's first 100 days in office to send any articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump to the Senate, a move that would give the incoming President time to tackle his agenda in Congress before the start of a time-consuming trial.

"We'll take the vote that we should take in the House, and (House Speaker Nancy Pelosi) will make the determination as to when is the best time to get that vote and get the managers appointed and move that legislation over to the Senate," Clyburn told CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

"It just so happens that if it didn't go over there for 100 days, it could -- let's give President-elect Biden the 100 days he needs to get his agenda off and running, and maybe we'll send the articles sometime after that," the South Carolina Democrat added.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/10...den-cnntv/index.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post