well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    NFT - the essence of marketing "art", focused on profitability and transactions, in Art (of the Deal)

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NFT - the essence of marketing "art", focused on profitability and transactions, in Art (of the Deal)
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
What bothers me THE most is the recent trend to selling what amounts to "shares" of internet originals. My sons have tried (unsuccessfully) to explain the phenomenon to me - will try to google it and perhaps some of you will be familiar with it.

"NFTs" linked memes - purchased in bitcoins?
Ring a bell with some of you?

Sounds like a distillation of the fungibility of the modern art market, through monetizing some kind of unique image ownership by creating a virtual marketplace one can invest in. Cashing in on the art market's elitism to permit profit-taking, minus the actual dimensionality of the production.

(If it doesn't sound like I actually understand what I'm talking about, you're right.)

Crypto-art being auctioned at Christies

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I cannot even process the privacy hurdles to view the article.

I will say that at this point I don’t understand any of it. But your brief explanation is a good start.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13813 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
More about this weird fad, which appears to actually be making money for some people.

NFT news

quote:
Nft evening is the best website for NFT news. Learn everything about non-fungible tokens: including top NFT collectibles and the best blockchain games that even let you earn free crypto! Whether you want to invest in NFTs, create NFTs or simply collect them, NFTevening is the first stop for all the NFT news you need!

Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
RSS

Nuts

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post