well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Kushner's security clearance

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kushner's security clearance
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
The chairman of the House Oversight Committee says the White House has not been cooperative in a growing probe of security clearances given to members of the Trump Administration.

The accusation comes on the heels of a stunning report in the New York Times Thursday, citing four sources who claim former chief of staff John Kelly said President Donald Trump ordered him to get a top-level security clearance for his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, approved. ABC News has not independently confirmed the report which cites a memo written by Kelly.

Trump told the Times last month he "was never involved in his [Jared’s] security" clearance. Earlier this month, in an exclusive interview with ABC News’ Abby Hunstman, Ivanka Trump said " the president had no involvement pertaining to my clearance or my husband's clearance, zero.",,,

“It is highly usual for the president to override security officials and instruct them to grant a security clearance to someone who has been deemed high risk,” said former Homeland Security official and current ABC News contributor John Cohen. “The security clearance process is one of the ways we protect our nation’s most sensitive secrets. And while the president has the authority to override the process, it doesn’t mean he should because it may place our national security at risk.”

“We don’t comment on security clearances," White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement to ABC News Thursday night.

Peter Mirijanian, spokesperson for Abbe Lowell, the attorney for Kushner, said in a statement, “In 2018, White House and security clearance officials affirmed that Mr. Kushner’s security clearance was handled in the regular process with no pressure from anyone. That was conveyed to the media at the time, and new stories, if accurate, do not change what was affirmed at the time.”

https://abcnews.go.com/Politic...ee/story?id=61399729

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I firmly believe that Individual 1 himself would never qualify for a security clearance if he weren’t president. There is way too much sketchy sh*t in his past and, as we keep seeing, he is way too easy to compromise.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I thought Jared's interim clearance was revoked, and his permanent one is still under investigation? I guess I missed a step. When did he get a permanent security clearance?

And yes, pj, I totally agree. Trump himself would have never received a security clearance had he not been elected potus.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Quite a while ago Nina.

He left off, answered wrong 100 items I heard today.

I don't trust him. His family still doing foreign business. He is as sleezy as from whom he learned.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post