well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    RIP HM Queen Elizabeth II
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP HM Queen Elizabeth II
 Login/Join

Forum Frequenter
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...-s-death/ar-AA11GyJn

--------------------------------
Every morrning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers if to one's brothers and sisters in life.

Posts: 378 | Location: Land of the Prince Bishops | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Our BeeLady will love that. ThumbsUp

I posted this long read from the Guardian at the time it came out, five years ago.

London Bridge

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37883 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
She died of bone cancer. Apparently, there's two types and she died of the less painful one.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
That is a great story. Big Grin

From the Balmoral Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/Balmoral_C...HHwWgMC-jaL-58UrAAAA

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37883 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
wtg is right, I DO love this!

I have mixed feelings. While I don't care for the monarchy, I do think that Elizabeth, herself, as a person was a genuine person and that may be why folks love her so. She did have a few rough patches (Diana's death comes to mind), but she seemed to be able to accept change to some degree.

I am not as hopeful for Charles (who was in all the magazines when I was a young teen as the eligible bachelor). Jury is still out on William. We shall see.

Harry and Meghan are the most genuine and I so wish them all the best in making the difficult decision they did. I think their hearts are in the right place. I have a British aquaintance who spews such vitriol for Meghan..It is horrifyingly racist and shocking...Coming from a 'proper' Brit it angers me. I can see why they left.

Let's hope that the next generation can wean the country of this pomp and circumstance. It has no place in modern life.

quote:

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
This thread brought back this memory of her...hilarious..She really had a great sense of humor.. A Stroll with David Attenborough

ROTFLMAO

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
Harry & Meghan are genuine, but they are like petulant teenagers.

Imagine what the father & brother feel when they have a meal with the pair, the restraint now necessary, knowing you'll be quoted in the next book.
Good journey? The weather? Er, that's it.

Every morrning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers if to one's brothers and sisters in life.

Posts: 378 | Location: Land of the Prince Bishops | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The queue leading to Westminster Hall is 2.8 miles long.

And it's just started.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Forum Frequenter
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
Five miles long at the moment, and a great way of seeing London
Elder sister, niece(RAF cadet) and younger daughter going early tomorrow.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I set an alarm so I could watch the funeral. I found the last portion, that took place in Windsor, to be the most moving. Really seemed like she was back "home".

For those who wondered about the music:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/musi...ssion-132845899.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

Forum Frequenter
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
It was a quite astonishing and engrossing spectacle, watching guests arrive, the coordination of troops, music & worship, solemnity & faces filled with grief (Prince Edward in the Abbey).
But yes, the personal touches, the horse, flowers, corgis, and that lone piper were most moving.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I also noted the especially sad and also exhausted look on Charles' face as the coffin was lowered into the Royal Vault.

It is the end of an era for the entire world.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
A much more complicated situation than I thought.

David Starkey, CBE--

https://youtu.be/JzzA2b8OXtE

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/c_p4F9X6P-k

16:30- 18:27

Powerful commentary and graphic evidence of Meghan Markle's true character.

Wow.