well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    RIP HM Queen Elizabeth II
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP HM Queen Elizabeth II
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Not sounding too good.

quote:
Doctors are concerned for the health of Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II and have advised that she remains under medical supervision, Buckingham Palace said Thursday.

Immediate family members have been informed and are currently traveling to Balmoral Castle, the queen’s royal residence in Scotland.

“Following further evaluation this morning, The Queen’s doctors are concerned for Her Majesty’s health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision,” Buckingham Palace said in a statement.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/0...ham-palace-says.html

edit to add:

Live reporting from the UK:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk...st-news-live-updates

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Not to be morbid, but....There was an article in the Guardian some years ago about Operation London Bridge, the plans for the Queen's funeral. Seems that Politico got a copy of the current plan late last year:

https://www.politico.eu/articl...ation-london-bridge/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of AD
posted Hide Post
It would appear HM has had some health problem (beyond old age & infirmity) for the last year though no details have been released.

I'm hardly a monarchist, yet understand fully the affection in which a vast number of her subjects and people worldwide hold her, as well as the continuity and stability she represents.
I have the greatest respect and appreciation for the life she has lead over decades, one of unwavering service, as head of state, commonwealth and family; a good person in every way.

Every morrning the soul is once again as good as new, and again one offers if to one's brothers and sisters in life.

Posts: 378 | Location: Land of the Prince Bishops | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
BBC One suspends regular programming

BBC One has suspended regular programming after the announcement about the change to the Queen’s health.

The broadcaster is airing a BBC News Special, which will be followed by the planned BBC News at Six.

Presenter Huw Edwards is wearing a dark suit, white shirt and black tie, in accordace with the BBC’s dress code for when a member of the royal family dies.

Bargain Hunt was interrupted at 12.39 to broadcast the statement from Buckingham Palace alerting the public to royal doctors’ concern for the Queen’s health.

Since then, the channel has been airing rolling news coverage on the Queen’s health.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
She's gone.

Frowner

quote:
The Queen died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon.

The King and The Queen Consort will remain at Balmoral this evening and will return to London tomorrow. https://t.co/VfxpXro22W

BBCNews, if you have access to it, is doing live coverage.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I remember my mother putting me in front of the tv when I was a child. She told me is was important.
The coronation was broadcast. The picture was from too far away for antennas to deliver a good picture from Memphis.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
RIP, QE. Frowner

You've been a one-woman island of stability in an otherwise chaotic world.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AD:
It would appear HM has had some health problem (beyond old age & infirmity) for the last year though no details have been released.

I'm hardly a monarchist, yet understand fully the affection in which a vast number of her subjects and people worldwide hold her, as well as the continuity and stability she represents.
I have the greatest respect and appreciation for the life she has lead over decades, one of unwavering service, as head of state, commonwealth and family; a good person in every way.

Well said, AD. I agree. I certainly admired her. Her kids? Not so much. Hopefully the grandkids can pull it out in the end, though this ongoing spat between Harry and Wills is pretty discouraging.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Double rainbow over Buckingham Palace moments before Queen’s death was announced

https://metro.co.uk/2022/09/08...ham-palace-17328737/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Not to be morbid-- but I hope, "peacefully," is a euphemism for "with morphine," and, that the public is not told, this time.

I'm not a fan of King Charles III, and less a fan of the Queen Consort.

But it is Prince Harry whose behavior has been scurrilous in the last years of both his grandparents.

Shame on him and his pretender of a wife.

I had mixed feelings about HM Queen Elizabeth II, but I think that we should celebrate her extraordinary life.

R.I.P.

Posts: 24711 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
the royal website

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sir Tony Blair, the UK prime minister between 1997 and 2007, said: “We have lost not just our monarch but the matriarch of our nation, the figure who more than any other brought our country together, kept us in touch with our better nature, personified everything which makes us proud to be British.”

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
RIP, QE. Frowner

Exactly.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Farewell, good woman.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Frowner Frowner Frowner

quote:

Indeed.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post