well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Fear....what is yours?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fear....what is yours?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
I have been at home, careful and honestly, I think I may have had the virus in Feb (will be tested when the time comes.)

But I have to come to grips with the idea that this may be my healthy 90 year old mother's last year.

She is with my sister, who is going out in public and I fear taking risks she probably should avoid.

My Mom is very practical, has told us both that if she gets it, so be it..we are not to feel guilty..

But still...

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I hope your mother lives to be 100.

Posts: 24669 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
My fear is that one of our kids will get it and not survive.

Posts: 45728 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
My fear is that one of our kids will get it and not survive.

That's mine, too, but I couldn't bring myself to type it.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15507 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
That's it. There is a terrible vulnerability in having only one child. I've lived with that for 27 years. Luckily she is physical risk averse, unlike my younger self.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13527 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I can't bring myself to type my fear.

I just pray that none of us ever have to type that one of these fears came true.

Frowner

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18360 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Losing my husband to this virus. I'd rather it was me.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21307 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
At first I was afraid I was going to lose Steve. But we survived the first round with him. I feel a whole lot better than I did yesterday, so my fears for myself have decreased significantly. We have three sets of parents (my parents are divorced and are both remarried, and neither of the spouses has children of their own). Steve is an only child. I am terrified that one or more of them will catch this. I am less worried about my kids, but worried still. Further down the list of fears are the animals - currently I am depending on the owner of the one and only boarding facility in town to get my horse out of his stall/run every day. I haven’t been there since the 9th of March. she is immune compromised, and as far as I can tell, the place is still being run normally. they have close to 60 horses. The owners are in their 70’s. I’m hoping they are being careful. I’m reading on the big horse forums that many large stables with lesson programs have been shut down - and now they are on the edge, desperate for money to care for the horses - this is going to change so many things that we have just taken for granted, forever. Frowner

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20424 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Yes, losing one of my sons.

However, I also dread reading about terrible population suffering, especially those from countries unable to care for their citizens - mostly the poorest (Africa, India...).

I also hate hearing of people dying alone, especially the elderly.

Hey! That includes me, but oddly, that doesn't trouble me as much. As long as I get my papers in order! Bad enough to leave my sons my un-downsized house, without other complications. I guess this must be considered an opportunity to attack these issues, especially papers as I can't sell or otherwise unload larger items now. (Goodwill is long closed, in case you wondered.)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Dying.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post