well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The rally in Tulsa
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The rally in Tulsa
 Login/Join

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
"the moral fabric of the country"
The thrice-married serial adulterer is going to preserve the mor...

...oh, never mind.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
You just ask Paula White, or Kenneth Copeland (AKA, I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow Covid away). They'll tell you how God himself has sent this imperfect man to set the world on the path of Jesus ...

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Reports are that one one of the the highlights of the speech was Spanky demonstrating that he can drink water.

Seems like kind of a low bar. Confused

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Reports are that protesters were held some 300 yards away from the venue.

Both of them.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Two of the people who tested positive are Secret Service agents.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm inclined to give these people full agency.

And there’s something to be said for viewing them with agency. It’s certainly a prerequisite for accountability...

quote:
I will bet a substantial sum that every one of his yeehaw enthusiastic Tulsa groupies would regard your "completely swindled" remark as just another example of a self-righteous liberal patronizing them with a pat on the head.

I’m sure you’re right about that!

In any case, I am trying to maintain my humanity and reserve my “I hope you just die” feelings for only one individual....

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
This was Trump’s first rally since Sen. Bernie Sanders dropped out of the Democratic primary, leaving Biden the party’s presumptive nominee. In Tulsa, Trump appeared to be testing several lines of attack against the former vice president, including that Biden is a “helpless puppet of the radical left.”

“Joe Biden has surrendered to his party and to the left-wing mob,” Trump said, using a term he employs to lump together peaceful protesters, looters and progressive members of Congress. “He has no control. Does anybody honestly think he controls these maniacs? ... He has absolutely no control.”

Trump continued: “If the Democrats gain power, the rioters will be in charge, and no one will be safe. No one will have control. Joe Biden is not the leader of his party. Joe Biden is a helpless puppet of the radical left.”

These attacks on Biden were clearly designed to rile up Trump’s supporters the same way that his attacks on Hillary Clinton had prompted crowds to chant “Lock Her Up!” in 2016.

But time and again, Trump’s mention of Biden’s name failed to fire up the crowds in Tulsa.

This hints at a broader problem Trump is facing as he mounts a campaign against the former vice president: For a candidate like Trump, who fares better when voters are angry than when they’re not, Biden may not arouse enough anger in Trump’s supporters to really mobilize them.

This observation is supported by polling, which consistently shows that the majority of Americans have a favorable view of Biden, something that was not true for Clinton four years ago.

The most recent Fox News survey of the 2020 race, released last week, found that Biden’s favorability ratings are net positive 9 points, with 53% of respondents saying they hold a favorable view of him, versus 44% who view him unfavorably.

That same poll, however, found that Trump’s favorability was net negative 13 points, with 43% reporting a favorable view of the president and 56% an unfavorable one. Taken together, this means Biden has a 22 point lead over Trump in favorability.

Some candidates might see this gap and take it as a sign to focus more energy on expanding their support among different groups. But judging from the president’s speech on Saturday, Trump has no plans to temper his grievance-driven, divisive campaign rhetoric in an attempt to broaden his appeal.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/2...-campaign-rally.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
In any case, I am trying to maintain my humanity and reserve my “I hope you just die” feelings for only one individual....

I know who Hi

Just to be semantically precise, I never said that I hope lots of these people die. I said that I would not feel any particular sorrow if people who attend this rally did actually sicken and die.

Actually, I'm hoping I-1 remains quite healthy, at least through Nov. 3rd.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm hoping I-1 remains quite healthy, at least through Nov. 3rd.

Then you are more optimistic than I am!

Either way, time will tell..... I for one am terrified though.

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Two more of his campaign staffers tested positive.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I know it didn't have many people. I know he made people sign waivers (Jeez).

Joe Biden is practically hiding in his house. I'm not comparing the two. I'm saying: what will happen when the Democrats have mass rallys, a convention, etc.?

I can't see how it's going to be good. Frowner

Posts: 24655 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Coming home after the rally. I saw this photo on the news this evening; he looked terrible.

Syndicated WaPo piece (hopefully no paywall) on Trump's preoccupation with defending his physical and mental health.

https://www.beaumontenterprise...ing-his-15358423.php

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Mind boggling.

quote:
President Donald Trump insisted on Tuesday that he was serious when he revealed that he had directed his administration to slow coronavirus testing in the United States — shattering the defenses of senior White House aides who argued Trump’s remarks were made in jest.

“I don’t kid. Let me just tell you. Let me make it clear,” Trump told reporters, when pressed on whether his comments at a campaign event Saturday in Tulsa, Okla., were intended as a joke.

“We have got the greatest testing program anywhere in the world. We test better than anybody in the world. Our tests are the best in the world, and we have the most of them. By having more tests, we find more cases,” he continued.

Administration officials as high-ranking as Vice President Mike Pence have scrambled in recent days to clean up Trump’s statements last Saturday in Tulsa, Okla., where he reprised his dubious logic regarding testing rates before an arena of supporters.

“When you do testing to that extent, you’re going to find more people,” Trump said during the rally. “You’re going to find more cases. So I said to my people, ‘Slow the testing down, please.’”

White House trade adviser Peter Navarro suggested Sunday the president never issued such an explicit directive, telling CNN Trump’s remarks were “tongue in cheek.”

“It was a comment that he made in jest,” White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany added at a news briefing Monday, saying: “Any suggestion that testing has been curtailed is not rooted in fact.”

Even Pence sought to help manage the political fallout, telling governors in a conference call Monday that Trump’s testing comments were merely a “passing observation," according to a CBS News report.

But in an interview Monday, Trump did not deny making the ask of his administration to curtail coronavirus testing, instead contending that “if we did slow it down, we wouldn't show nearly as many cases.”

https://www.politico.com/news/...virus-testing-335459

Inspiring confidence in his leadership, every day and in every way.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Coming home after the rally. I saw this photo on the news this evening; he looked terrible.

Look at the amount of makeup on his collar. EWWWWWWW!

Posts: 4390 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Look at the amount of makeup on his collar

OMG ewwwwwwwwwww is right!

Also, did anyone see all the videos that set music to the footage Trump exiting the plane? Low hanging fruit to be sure, but still pretty hysterical!