well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Any Ruggables Fans Out There?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Ruggables Fans Out There?
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
We bought our first one. These are washable rugs that fit in a washing machine. My daughter swears by them.

They come as an underpad and a cover. When the dog vomits on it, you wash the cover and wipe down the pad.

We have a 6x9 under a dining table, and it looks great.

Rug

Posts: 19755 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I keep seeing the commercials. Do they stick to really well to the pad? Or do they bunch up when you move the chairs?

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20404 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
We have a ruggable runner - I love it. Ours is on wood flooring and it doesn't move.

My daughter has one under her kitchen table and I don't recall there being a problem with it moving. I'll have to ask her. I do think they've improved the pads a bit in recent years, as people have complained about the edges of the rugs curling away from the pads. Our runner has little corner pockets to help prevent curling.

Posts: 35362 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
No problem with bunching or curling so far.

Oddly, there are little corner pockets, but the pad doesn't reach all the way to the pockets. The instructions say this is how it should be.

I am so relieved that I can now wash the rug when Bruno the dog upchucks all over it instead of doing my best to clean it and hoping I've done enough.

Posts: 19755 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Had never heard of them, but they sound intriguing.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37725 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
We haven't had any curling issues either, FWIW. My daughter got theirs to address the "pet problem situations," and has successfully washed it several times.

Ruggable website

This is the one we have:

Definitely worth it, IMO, to get the cushioned "premium" pad. You generally buy the rug and the pad together - I don't think you want to skip the pad, because the actual rug is quite thin.

Posts: 35362 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
We haven't had any curling issues either, FWIW. My daughter got theirs to address the "pet problem situations," and has successfully washed it several times.

Ruggable website

This is the one we have:

Definitely worth it, IMO, to get the cushioned "premium" pad. You generally buy the rug and the pad together - I don't think you want to skip the pad, because the actual rug is quite thin.

We're thinking of getting a ruggable; however, my spouse is concerned that she might trip on it it's too thick. At the same time, she wants something that's soft as she has neuropathy. I'm thinking the cushioned pad - but maybe the thinner rug? Or should I go for the medium pile on the rug as well. I wish they'd send samples.

Posts: 9596 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I have the thinner pad. I think it feels soft enough for a dining room. My bigger concern was washability, I wasn’t concerned with thickness.