well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Warren Announces She Is Running for President
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warren Announces She Is Running for President
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
How can Hillary Clinton be a “bad candidate” when she won the popular votes? She got the most votes in US Presidential elections, ever. “Bad candidates” don’t get that many popular votes.

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
I’ll vote ABT.

American Ballet Theater? Should be a great era for arts funding.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ll vote ABT.

Same here.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
How can Hillary Clinton be a “bad candidate” when she won the popular votes? She got the most votes in US Presidential elections, ever. “Bad candidates” don’t get that many popular votes.

That's a little like a football team saying, we didn't win, but we got the most yards! Woo hoo!

That's not the measuring stick that counts.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I have to admit this is funny.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
I watched a recent program on her past. Quite interesting. I hope those points are shown as she progresses.

Not the she is my choice, but she fights for the common person, not the upper rich class.

It might have been on Rachel Maddox show

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
quote:

I agree
For 2016, regardless of liking a candidate or not you have to look at the other viable choice. That explains a lot of votes on both sides. That's why I voted for Gary Johnson.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have to admit this is funny.

Good example of how her message will get smothered. Rump has already made mincemeat out of her. Earnestness is the wrong weapon against 45. We need folksy charisma that lets attacks bounce off her back.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Her interview with Rachel Maddow tonight. Here's her narrative for the race. Think it'll fly?

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-m...ushJULiiED2S9N-2uRh0

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:

What makes her a "bad candidate" if she won the popular vote?

Given who she was running against, given her resume, given her considerable experience on the public stage . . . she should have won in a landslide.

The reason she didn't is because she was a *bad candidate.* Oh, how quickly they forget . . .

Deplorables.

Put coal mines out of business.

When she and Bill left the White House, they were dead broke.

Decided to sell out and give speeches to Wall Street for $$$ that came back to bite her.

Wasn't straight with us about the emails, or her illness.

Either was complicit in Bill visiting the AG on her jet to talk about the email investigation, or couldn't control him to prevent it.

She is no good at being a candidate. Just doesn't have what it takes.

Posts: 19757 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
quote:
I’ll vote ABT.

American Ballet Theater? Should be a great era for arts funding.

ROTFLMAO

Posts: 24654 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I also think that people were/are getting tired of the presidential dynasties of Bush/Clinton, because, let's face it, they are a bit slimy.

BUT they both look like choirboys (choir persons) compared to our current incumbent. ABT still works for me.

Aside to Mik: I don't understand, you thought Gary Johnson was a viable candidate?

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Elizabeth Warren and Her Party of Ideas
https://nyti.ms/2GYFM8H

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12682 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Didnt read the article, but I’ll give her that. She has bold ideas, I just think they’re really bad ones. And they mark her as a dangerous person for a leadership role in a free society.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post