well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Camping ... next phase
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Camping ... next phase
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
My dream is a two horse Gooseneck trailer with living quarters (And a bathroom) that could double as a camper for Steve’s fishing trips. It would reduce the number of vehicles we own, and allow him to leave the trailer in the campsite When he wanted to fish down the road. Currently we have a Tacoma that has a small pop up truck camper (no bathroom) for camping. Steve’s dream is an airstream... Big Grin we see lots of those Super expensive small camping vans come through here. They look like fun.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20450 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I got my first truck camper high school and drove it to Canada after I graduated. I've always had trucks so towing was never a problem.

The first trailer was tiny - a 13 ft. Cardinal. The entire trailer converted to a bed. Hand pump sink, 2 burner stove and an icebox.

Two things made us trade up - a proper bathroom and air conditioning. The next trailer was the first of two 19 foot units - close to the perfect size for all around use IMO. The next one was a 22 foot we had for some 10 years and finally the 26' rig we have now.

It's too big for my taste - it won't fit in a lot of campgrounds. OTOH, it's comfortable - very comfortable. We've set it up like a luxury hotel room, and the main mattress is better than any of the ones we have in the house. It's stocked with DVDs, magazines and comforters and the sort of shampoos and such you find at the Marriott. We carry an outdoor kitchen setup but often times don't bother to set it up.

Very civilized.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
I really enjoyed what you have shared with us...

ME? Always have had the family compound on NH lake. We had mom's generation of camps there and spent teenage years there. Wonderful memories.

There is a difference here, a noun and a verb....

I never knew about 'camps' till I moved to New England...A permanent spot, like a vacation home, just rough..Like Jack Frost's.

The verb, camping is something you do involving lots of packing, food prep, finding a site whereby you plop for a few days..

In the Beelady family nearly EVERY camping trip involved rain, hurricanes or trips to the ER (me, just sayin, not the kids). Razzer

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post