well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A proposed rule for the press

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A proposed rule for the press
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
For every mention of Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez you must mention at least one of the other 100 incoming house freshman.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Maybe they could even frame it as reducing inequality. Why should the top 1% of incoming house freshman get 98% of the coverage?

Even my rule would still leave her with 50% of the mentions.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Here's my proposed rule: stop mentioning Trump. At all. Focus entirely on what congress is doing. The public lens turning its back on him--the lack of attention--will make him implode. Just ignore the fucker.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
For every mention of Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez you must mention at least one of the other 100 incoming house freshman.

I'm not a supporter of hers (not yet, anyway) but what have the other 100 house freshman said or done that was newsworthy? Alexandra knows that if you want press coverage you have to be loud. Being a bit radical probably doesn't hurt. McCaskill made news the other day by attacking Ocasio-Cortez. So where are the other 100 freshman who may see things differently than Ocasio-Cortez. Let's hear them speak up.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10574 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
How about this?

Newsworthy enough?

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
Here's my proposed rule: stop mentioning Trump. At all. Focus entirely on what congress is doing. The public lens turning its back on him--the lack of attention--will make him implode. Just ignore the fucker.

Yes, please. ♥️

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20461 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
How about this?
Newsworthy enough?

And I believe I saw that in the news.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10574 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:

This may seem like a good strategy at first glance but it carries its own risk. He craves attention and will do whatever he needs to in order to stay in the limelight.

He has presidential powers and I don't think he has the discipline to use them intelligently/properly. He can do a lot of damage in short order, and the number of people who are willing or able to rein him in is vanishingly small.

To wit:

quote:
Donald Trump seems to confirm ABC News reporting that his administration is considering building a wall without the consent or appropriation of Congress by declaring a national emergency.

“I can do it if I want,” Trump said. “We can call a national emergency and build it very quickly.”

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Watching wingnuts lose their sh!t over AOC is the gift that keeps on giving.

Never mind Spanky - this stuff is comedy gold! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post