well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    If we were still doing decorator of the month contests…
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If we were still doing decorator of the month contests…
 Login/Join

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
In other exciting news, I got my first vaccine yesterday. As I suspected, they don't seem to have a lot of demand -- this was a vaccine event for EMS providers only, held at EMS headquarters, and there were a ton of available appointment slots. After the shot, they ask you to wait around for 20 mins to make sure you don't have a reaction, and while I was waiting, only 1 other person came in. They were set up to handle 2 people every 5 minutes, so I'm guessing they don't have nearly as many takers as they'd like to have. It's frustrating really - while those folks sat around all day yesterday with vials of vaccine and no takers, LL#1 is preparing to head back to her Covid hotspot state for college. Would be nice if she could get vaccinated first.

Posts: 4389 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Will be interested to hear what your experiences are with the vaccine.

A friend in health care who got it this past Sunday said her arm hurt for a day or two, but nothing else.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37691 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:
In other exciting news, I got my first vaccine yesterday.

YES! It looks like my genius advise from Jan.1 is already on track to save many lives! Yay me!!!

I have already over-achieved my good deed quota for the year, I can be selfish and evil for the rest of the year now and still have many karma points left to spare. Oh what fun I shall have this year! Evil

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12676 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure how many lives me getting vaccinated will save, but on the off chance it's mine, thank you Ax!

WTG - the shot itself didn't hurt at all - it was the Moderna one which is a bigger dose, so I was expecting it to burn, but didn't feel it at all. By that evening, my arm hurt pretty bad but by the next morning, soreness was down to the level of like a normal flu shot, and by that evening it felt fine. The woman who gave me the shot said the second one typically has a more severe reaction because you've already built up some antibodies and then they hit you again which causes your immune system to go into overdrive - she said to expect fever, chills, and an overall flu like feeling for a couple hours. We shall see.

Posts: 4389 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
So Lisa wins decorator of the month, right? Because she predicted she would get it first? (Maybe I haven’t been paying enough attention).

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20401 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I listened to an interesting interview yesterday where some public health expert (I really should pay more attention) was sending out cautionary vibes re: Biden's desire to flood the US with vaccines as soon as possible.

His concern struck me as valid. It's a 2-dose cycle, there are significant improvements in efficacy and duration with the 2nd dose, but it's unclear that production is ready to ramp up to provide both the first wave vaccines as well as the 2nd doses that must be delivered in 2-6 weeks after the first. None of this is insurmountable, I think, and I can only hope that Biden and his peeps are already putting actions in place to prevent or plan for this.

Posts: 35362 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Muffin's Sister has an appointment for her first dose later this month.

I am so relieved to think that she'll be protected. Now I'm counting down the days.

Muffin is teaching from home through the end of the month. She has to ride the bus to work, which scares me as much as her daily close contact with kindergartners, so I'm relieved that she's not having to do those things for a few weeks. I'm crossing my fingers that she'll get her first shot during that period.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15499 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post