well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Former Poster

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Former Poster
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
I got a friend request from Susan Dorris on Facebook. I accepted and now whoever is using her name is trying to get me to sign up for Publisher's Clearing House or some such. Very pushy - I seriously doubt it's really her.

Is anyone still in touch with her to tell her what is going on?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34795 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Susan must have been cloned. Got one message from her months ago.
Doubt she has internet at her home. It is remote from what I gathered.
Am in Colorado Springs attending a lure coursing competition. Will try to remember to contact her and alert her to the problem.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25656 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Please tell her I say hello. We had a very nice visit some years back when she came up to Chicago for a piano party. She and I spent the day up at Tempel Farms doing a tour of the stables and training areas before we headed down to kluurs’ for the party.

Hi

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
As someone who is a high school kid in the early 1970s, this is what I think of as a former poster:

Posts: 10333 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Steve, I too got an invitation to friend Susan. but I'm pretty sure it's a borrowed identity.

Her real FBK profile is as follows (the fake one has no pic):

https://www.facebook.com/susan.dorris.35325

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Whoah! Now I see there are at least two that are identical - both with 120 friends.

Then there is a third Susan Dorris profile with only a few friends (and you are one of them here too).

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post