well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Fresh Air - New Industry in India

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fresh Air - New Industry in India
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
A longstanding nightmare of mine, following up from the increasing fresh water industry - and it's real.

Spreading beyond India too. How far will capitalism corrupt our planet instead of our being inspired to reverse our planetary damages?

Fresh Air for Sale

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Bottles work for water, but at some $7.50 per can I'm not so sure the air is going to sell.

Meanwhile, a more upbeat article from the same website. If it pans out this is a huge deal:

A Futuristic Device Which Pulls Fresh Water From Air Is Quenching The Thirst Of Parched Countries

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34916 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Fabulous! Human ingenuity at its best.

And I looked up a similarly clever project to create glaciers. Remembered reading of it a year or so ago.

Man-made glaciers to create water in arid regions

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
BTW Steve, bottled air is actually selling enough for a few entrepreneurs to make a business out of it, especially in China where air pollution is more than double what WHO has declared the emergency cut off point.

I'm sure it's only the ultra rich going for it, and after all when you get into the billions what ELSE are you going to spend it on?

Masks just don't cut it. I think the users restrict its use to when they are out of their homes traveling - at home, I'm sure they have elaborate filtration systems.

Below is only a single source - there are several items online. The "fresh air" is being obtained from (here) Australia, also the Himalayas, Switzerland and Canada.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...-bottle_2848409.html

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
BTW Steve, bottled air is actually selling enough for a few entrepreneurs to make a business out of it, especially in China where air pollution is more than double what WHO has declared the emergency cut off point.

I'm sure it's only the ultra rich going for it, and after all when you get into the billions what ELSE are you going to spend it on?

Masks just don't cut it. I think the users restrict its use to when they are out of their homes traveling - at home, I'm sure they have elaborate filtration systems.

Below is only a single source - there are several items online. The "fresh air" is being obtained from (here) Australia, also the Himalayas, Switzerland and Canada.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...-bottle_2848409.html

The people who can afford to buy this air are the same people who can influence environmental policy if they choose to. They can also afford to get the hell out of Dodge if the situation becomes untenable.

I don’t like anything about this story but I’m not sure the blame goes to the entrepreneurs.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34916 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post