well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I had COVID-19, and these are things nobody tells you

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I had COVID-19, and these are things nobody tells you
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
LA Times columnist Bill Plaschke

https://www.latimes.com/sports...source=pocket-newtab

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
the aloneness you feel - they don’t want you at the hospital, there is nothing they can do for you unless you can’t breath. That was the scariest part. When Steve was his sickest when it had gone on long enough to that I started wondering if he was going to crash the next day - before I got sick - I had a couple of nights of being really frightened. And I don’t think I told anybody - because I didn’t want my parents - the kids - to worry more than I was already worrying. I felt completely helpless. It seems like ages ago that it happened to us. But I don’t want to go through it again.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
We were right there with you.

It was scary...

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
My late neighbor documented his COVID nearly hourly...Once in ICU there were updates from a friend until he got access to his phone.

That is when it got real...He did not hold back...being alone in his room with medical visits only twice or three times a day...He sometimes lay in his own waste as the ICU had to limit access for safety and to preserve PPE.

He had to talk to a nurse about his phone..She had placed his charger on the table..but he was so exhausted he could not scooch himself close enough to reach it.

His last selfie was of him on O2 trying his best to 'prone'..laying his stomach...Doing that brought on panic attacks...It is sealed in my memory.

That and his last goodbye to all his friends and family. Frowner

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post