well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    anyone remember a recipe video...?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone remember a recipe video...?
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted
MrsTuner and I both remember watching a video where we were amazed that the chef kept adding salt and more salt and more salt during the process. Mentioning that we would be surprised how much salt needed to be added...

Of course, we can't remember even what the recipe was for... Does this sound familiar to anyone here???? (maybe we just have quarantine brains...) GoneMad

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
It was beans! Some sort of comfort food, white bean recipe...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Might have been a female food critic or chef that had a favorite restaurant recipe that they were able to get and then share?

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I have tried both ways - using lots of salt during cooking and just seasoning at table. I think the latter works every bit as well and uses a LOT less salt. Pasta for instance - all salting the water does is make the noodles salty.

The exception to that is brining before the cook.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Carla makes beans!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXqoyt4vsPA

(how to make the best beans - fun to watch her)

So did I see it here first, or somewhere else...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
I have tried both ways - using lots of salt during cooking and just seasoning at table. I think the latter works every bit as well and uses a LOT less salt. Pasta for instance - all salting the water does is make the noodles salty.

The exception to that is brining before the cook.

Interesting that you find that. I find salting during makes it far more flavourful but far less salty. If I don’t add salt during cooking then add enough salt at the table to make it not bland I find it just tastes salty. Whereas if I add it during cooking I find it brings out all the other flavours.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post