well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Decided (??) --Rug and piano placement
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Decided (??) --Rug and piano placement
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are the movers taking away your old piano?

That's the plan, several things have to sort of happen at once. Although one of them has already happened, I sold my digital piano yesterday. Yay! But also bittersweet, that was such a good instrument for me when I didn't have access to an acoustic piano Smiler

P.S. CHAS, you get me! Ole

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18438 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:

That's the plan, several things have to sort of happen at once. Although one of them has already happened, I sold my digital piano yesterday. Yay! But also bittersweet, that was such a good instrument for me when I didn't have access to an acoustic piano Smiler

I sold my upright when I bought my grand. And then bought a digital for silent practice, since there were 3 other people in the house. It also meant I could exchange floppy disk recordings with duet partners, although we never did (AdagioLady).

The digital has plummeted in value since I bought it. I’ll either give it to Son2 if he ever moves to a bigger place, or take it with me if we ever downsize and don’t have room for the grand. I don’t play much now, but still prefer the grand. (Tinkling some Mozart adagios this week.)

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:

Big Grin

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow's forecast goes:
8am 25% chance of rain
9am 35%
10am 50%
11am 60%

The piano mover said he doesn't think it's going to rain during our piano-move time -- which is scheduled to start at 9am and involves far too many outdoor steps... I'm trying not to think about it!

I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight! suave

Posts: 18438 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
They can cover it. And wipe it down.

Mine was delivered on ice...had to come out of truck in driveway, across the lawn since granite walk was all ice, just so they could get some leverage..across the front of the house; around the to the side door, over more iced granite and up iced granite big steps. I couldn't watch..

!!! Yours will be fine...

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mine was delivered on ice...had to come out of truck in driveway, across the lawn since granite walk was all ice, just so they could get some leverage..across the front of the house; around the to the side door, over more iced granite and up iced granite big steps.

Eeker

quote:
I couldn't watch..

I won't be able to watch, even in the best of circumstances!!

twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
I'm excited for you. I took photos when my piano arrived - was fun - all 4 times I've had a piano delivered.

BTW, I bought a nice digital used from a neighbor. Thought it would be fun to have either for duets or if I'm doing a recital at a friend's house.

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post