well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I dodged COVID but...
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I dodged COVID but...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is both a blessing and a curse to have a job that you can literally do from your sickbed.

... and are expected to do from your sickbed!

If you don't know this parody twitter account, perhaps you might like it.

@ass_deans

Agree with everyone else about the inattentive care. Hard to fathom with pneumonia symptoms. I guess "she doesn't have Covid, so put her on the back burner ..." And that is odd now that infections rates are in a trough.

Posts: 12529 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
You dodged COVID but . . . that was in the past, right?

Have you gotten a more recent COVID-19 test since the onset of the symptoms in order to rule that out?

Also, I think I would look for another PCP if I were you.

Posts: 1411 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:
It is both a blessing and a curse to have a job that you can literally do from your sickbed.

... and are expected to do from your sickbed!

If you don't know this parody twitter account, perhaps you might like it.

@ass_deans

Agree with everyone else about the inattentive care. Hard to fathom with pneumonia symptoms. I guess "she doesn't have Covid, so put her on the back burner ..." And that is odd now that infections rates are in a trough.

Trough? No trough here; our rates are climbing steadily, and the county has advised (not mandated) masking indoors.

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Don't forget that as long as your "care" has involved your local hospital, there must be a patient advocate. Hopefully, even if you're an outpatient, they can help.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Qaanaaq-Liaaq:

Have you gotten a more recent COVID-19 test since the onset of the symptoms in order to rule that out?

I did two home tests that were both negative, but the docs didn't confirm that.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Hope you feel better soon.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
quote:
Originally posted by Qaanaaq-Liaaq:

I did two home tests that were both negative, but the docs didn't confirm that.

Home tests are only meaningful if they are positive. 50% of neg results are incorrect. Get a PCR.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21339 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Hoping to hear you're on the mend, Mary Anna.
You're on my mind and I'm certain also that of everyone on WTF apprised of your serious health problem and abominable "care".

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Recent experience has shown the docs do not know the side effects of drugs they prescribe daily.
They are burned out and tired of people and I am tired of them

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Mary Anna, how have you been doing? I’ve seen a few posts from you on FB so I’m hoping you’re ok-ish?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18430 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I'm doing better after a very hard two weeks. Thanks for asking!

I finally saw a face-to-face doctor Monday, but had recovered enough for it to be pretty perfunctory. He wants to follow up in a few weeks, so I do have some continuing care. He says that the pneumonia has resolved, so it's now just an issue of building my strength and continuing to heal.

I didn't get better until I asked his nurse on the phone last week if we should try a nebulizer, since my inhalers were doing nothing. I began to improve the very next day.

Yesterday was the first day I felt like doing anything, so I started a self-directed rehab plan. Yesterday--two 15-minute walks. Today--three.

I have a telephone interview with the local newspaper in about an hour. Quirt made me a luxurious cup of coffee and cream. Let's hope that it brings my voice to the "husky Katharine Hepburn" level instead of its current "late-in-life W.C. Fields" level.

Oh, and I'm supposed to do a signing in Phoenix next Saturday. I can do the talk remotely, but I really, really want to see Muffin's Sister and fam. Cross your fingers for me.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear this update, and sooo glad to hear you're finally on the mend!!!

Be gentle with yourself! Sending you lots of healing thoughts!!!

Comfort

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18430 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Glad you’re feeling better, MA. Good luck with husky Katharine Hepburn!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you're feeling better. Pneumonia can sure knock anyone for a loop. How fortunate that you were a total nag aggressive in your self-advocacy to insist on the nebulizer and to be taken seriously, and how unfortunate that you had to get to that point.

Hopefully Arizona will be possible!

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
"late-in-life W.C. Fields"

Glad you are recovering, but wait! wait! don't we need to record your W.C. Fields voice for posterity?
Smiler

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post