well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I dodged COVID but...
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
I dodged COVID but...
 Login/Join
 
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is both a blessing and a curse to have a job that you can literally do from your sickbed.


... and are expected to do from your sickbed!

If you don't know this parody twitter account, perhaps you might like it.

@ass_deans

Agree with everyone else about the inattentive care. Hard to fathom with pneumonia symptoms. I guess "she doesn't have Covid, so put her on the back burner ..." And that is odd now that infections rates are in a trough.
 
Posts: 11473 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Qaanaaq-Liaaq
posted Hide Post
You dodged COVID but . . . that was in the past, right?

Have you gotten a more recent COVID-19 test since the onset of the symptoms in order to rule that out?

Also, I think I would look for another PCP if I were you.
 
Posts: 1345 | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:
It is both a blessing and a curse to have a job that you can literally do from your sickbed.


... and are expected to do from your sickbed!

If you don't know this parody twitter account, perhaps you might like it.

@ass_deans

Agree with everyone else about the inattentive care. Hard to fathom with pneumonia symptoms. I guess "she doesn't have Covid, so put her on the back burner ..." And that is odd now that infections rates are in a trough.


Trough? No trough here; our rates are climbing steadily, and the county has advised (not mandated) masking indoors.


--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

 
Posts: 9182 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Don't forget that as long as your "care" has involved your local hospital, there must be a patient advocate. Hopefully, even if you're an outpatient, they can help.


--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

 
Posts: 13863 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lord Emperor Mom
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Qaanaaq-Liaaq:
You dodged COVID but . . . that was in the past, right?

Have you gotten a more recent COVID-19 test since the onset of the symptoms in order to rule that out?

Also, I think I would look for another PCP if I were you.


I did two home tests that were both negative, but the docs didn't confirm that.


--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

 
Posts: 15151 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Hope you feel better soon.
 
Posts: 13316 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
quote:
Originally posted by Qaanaaq-Liaaq:
You dodged COVID but . . . that was in the past, right?

Have you gotten a more recent COVID-19 test since the onset of the symptoms in order to rule that out?

Also, I think I would look for another PCP if I were you.


I did two home tests that were both negative, but the docs didn't confirm that.


Home tests are only meaningful if they are positive. 50% of neg results are incorrect. Get a PCR.


--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

 
Posts: 20530 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Hoping to hear you're on the mend, Mary Anna.
You're on my mind and I'm certain also that of everyone on WTF apprised of your serious health problem and abominable "care".


--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

 
Posts: 13863 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Recent experience has shown the docs do not know the side effects of drugs they prescribe daily.
They are burned out and tired of people and I am tired of them


--------------------------------
“You don’t stop laughing when you get old; you get old when you stop laughing” — George Bernard Shaw

 
Posts: 24297 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

    well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I dodged COVID but...