well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Darwin Award candidate

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Darwin Award candidate
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Saw this at the grocery store:

Called it to the attention of a twenty-something stockperson who told me "we're out of the product, so we're putting what we have in back on the shelf".

Thinking she had missed that these were furniture wipes, I pointed that out. She repeated the bit about putting out what they have.

I was like, someone's going to buy these and think they can be used to disinfect things. She said that's what they've been told to do, that she couldn't do anything about it, and sorry for the inconvenience.

I walked away shaking my head and then found one of the long term store employees I know and showed him the photo I'd taken and recounted my exchange with the twenty-something.

He shook his head, said he'd alert the store manager so they can get the furniture wipes off the disinfectant wipe shelf....

I should have asked the twenty-something if they put Raid bug spray on the shelf when they run out of hair spray.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I'd check twice before buying toothpaste from that store.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
I should have asked the twenty-something if they put Raid bug spray on the shelf when they run out of hair spray.

ROTFLMAO
Frowner

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Omg.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
At least she didn't attempt to locate them in the Slavic section! WhoMe

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
At least she didn't attempt to locate them in the Slavic section! WhoMe

Yeah, the "Polish Wipes" is in large font, and I didn't see the smaller "furniture" until a bit later.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post